Psx4gp2x Public Beta 4 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also try the converted isos or bins or whatever first on a pc psx emulator. If they work there, they should also work on the gp2x. Well, at least they shouldn`t get stuck with the black screen at bootup.

Civilization II runs nicely, with sound.

vsync: 5588
clock: 266
using memory tweak

Main menu:
vsinc: 20 - 22
framerate: 18 - 22

Ingame:
vsinc: 15 - 25
framerate: 6 - 8

xnopasaranx posted on Oct 5 2006 at 11:30 AM said:
Also try the converted isos or bins or whatever first on a pc psx emulator. If they work there, they should also work on the gp2x. Well, at least they shouldn`t get stuck with the black screen at bootup.

I got breath of fire III.img and converted it to iso using magic iso. Will try on PC emu when i finish work.

Is it a case of all PSX .iso/bins will *always* load up but some wont work because they lock on the title screen? Or is it just that some games have never worked on any revision of PSX4Gp2x?

I tried legend of mana last night too but same black screen thing. Its probably the file is corrupt or something.

Heh heh, i'm so desparate to see something...anything come up on screen apart from black.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are making some mistake while ripping/converting. Legend of Mana should work just fine... also if it says that the game loaded fine but it shows a black screen, it`s usually a corrupted file. Normally any game should show something I believe... of course there are some that are not tested at all and some probably don`t even boot, yet.

Does converting a .img to iso/bin work? I've tried 3 like this and just get the 'load success' and black screen ad infinitum.

I tried converting from .img to .bin with MagicISO and it sucks - the resulting bin is smaller and doesn't work with psx4gp2x.

So... I tried UltraISO to do the same task and it worked fine. Conclusion: MagicISO is nasty. UltraISO is the way to go.

I like using ultraiso for converting great prog i always convert to bin/cue
works very well

@ javacat whats memory tweak is it another prog for the gp32x? :)

rooster posted on Oct 5 2006 at 12:50 PM said:
Does converting a .img to iso/bin work? I've tried 3 like this and just get the 'load success' and black screen ad infinitum.

I tried converting from .img to .bin with MagicISO and it sucks - the resulting bin is smaller and doesn't work with psx4gp2x.

So... I tried UltraISO to do the same task and it worked fine. Conclusion: MagicISO is nasty. UltraISO is the way to go.

Your probably right. i have my GP2X with me now at work and a laptop next to me, problem is i've only got the legend of mana.iso that was converted with magic iso.

I doubt converting the .iso to .bin with ultra will work now. Haven got a copy of the .img file with me.

ok a quick test list:

tomb raider one works until menu when selcting new game it gives a black screen.
tomb raider 3 works until menu, but that loading bar doesn't fill.
gran turismo works! but very
slow!
final fantasy 8 gives me a black screen so doesn't work at all ;( but i'm impressed that even gt works. go on guys you are on the right way! this emu is great

It's easy to do. Download this program and extract it to the root of your hard drive.

Create a text file in the root of the SD card called autorun.gpu (or something else, if you want to enable the tweak manually from the menu) and put the following code in it:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe --upll --timing 1 --cpuclk 266 --trc 6 --tras 4 --twr 1 --tmrd 1 --trfc 1 --trp 2 --trcd 2
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu
or if you use gmenu2x:
#!/bin/sh
/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe --upll --timing 1 --cpuclk 266 --trc 6 --tras 4 --twr 1 --tmrd 1 --trfc 1 --trp 2 --trcd 2
cd /mnt/sd/gmenu2x
exec ./gmenu2x
Make sure you save the file using UNIX formatting.

If you called the file autorun.gpu, it will automatically apply the tweak the next time you turn the GP2X on, whilst the SD card is inserted. If you called it something different you will need to apply it from the menu.

garengarch posted on Oct 5 2006 at 09:37 AM said:
re:cpu_speed
I believe, if you go back to gp2xmenu it resets the values to boot default?
could be my misunderstanding though...usually is :)
Yes, It resets to default when you exit to the main menu.

Is there something you're trying to do? Perhaps I can help?

The CPU speed gets reset, but the other settings remain. I'm not actually sure whether this tweak is having any effects on PSX4GP2X.

yay

breath of fire 3 on gp2x!

oc @ 280 mhz
on the menu
vsync 63 fps 31
vsync rate 5584

ingabe vsync 40 fps fps 15

, its so nice

tony hawks 1 and 2 do not work, get black screen after load succes. hmm now i'm trying tekken 3and resident evil 2 and maybe final fantasy tactics

zodttd posted on Oct 4 2006 at 10:13 PM said:
FF9 worked before?! Which beta did you have it running on?
Try this to see if it will help get it working:
As soon as the game loads and the screen turns black: Press PUSH and either of the Volumes and try loading the game with a VSyncRate between 5000 and 25000 (its in steps of 5000).
If that gets it working, let me know what setting worked. :)

That didn't work, still crashes after the Square splash :(
It would be really great if you could fix the compatibliy like in the dynarec :)

last game tests from me for today:

resident evil 2 works flawlessly! big kudos again to the team, no polygon errors whatsoever. its only slow. but thats the only problem.

and tekken 3 i cannot test because my disc is to scratched..lol

EDIT: weird i only could rip tekken to 92% but it works ... hm again without any polygon errors only slow! but looks fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back