PSP Emulation on Pandora (via Android) with video

I don't have much experience with PSP, is emulation more complex compared to an NDS? Which one has the more powerful hardware? Both are basicly the same Handheld generation so it's interesting to see how they behave emulation wise. ^^
PSP is much more powerful than DS. But so far the emulation approaches have been very different. PSP emulation is more amenable to HLE/user-mode emulation, and it's not as problematic to use hardware acceleration to do the 3D with reasonable correctness. So the main expense is the CPU emulation, with some of it being spent in HLE'd functions instead. While it can clock up to 333MHz games probably try to stay below this to save battery life, in fact early PSP generations had a firmware which only allowed clocking up to 222MHz. And the second processor can be entirely HLE'd so you don't really have to emulate it at all.

Nice! I guess mods should move this thread to the software news section and change the title :)
Until there's a properly working port, that's probably ingoreis' decision.

I will keep a look-out for any move requests in this thread.

Yes move that where you want.

You can also delete it,rename it or destroy it.

My happyness is gone for now.

I thought i have impressive News for all and i was soo happy to get it work

and after that dementions have i no impressions to try more for you all.

Why should i Post such unrealistic things?

Even when you see it with your own eyes,you dont belive it.

Such Words like :"Change your first Post","move it to other Sections",

or now "There is not much PSP Emulation"

I am a Pioneer and try much things so far i can.

I think i go back to my little Qemu Thread and Stay there.

Words like "forget Windows95 with Qemu,it will have no Performance"

Such Words take all my Fun ago.

Sorry for posting so unimportant News.

I thought you where Happy too that PSP work.

Move/delete/change wüst you want.

And sorry for dreamers like me.Thx for all who found that Post good

Maybe i am only too very Tired after a hard Work Day.

Sometimes after a sleep is the World better again.

You are right Ingoris, this emulator will become soon a great emulator. Right now, the JIT is missing on ARM, so it is slow, but once developped, this will be very enjoyable.

Don! forget the team behind it is also responsable of Dolphin...

Here another picture, of the menu. preview2.png

I get MotoGP ingame (no picture yet), but it was to slow...

You are depressed because people thought an all-capital title containing at least 6 "!" is a little overexegerated for a mere compile of an emu?

Please look how ari, notaz and exo title threads annoucing months and months of work.

EDIT: I don't mean to be rude, but this is the internet. People hate capital letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moto GP is the one of slowest in the PPSSPP Combatily List.

Plz Try Bust a Move or Puyo Puyo.

Many Thx ptitSeb :)

Yes, I have seen it's the worst case scenario. I confirm it is demanding. When the all other motos are present (at the start), performaces are sub-1fps. Yo get up to 3 to 5 fps when alone (just before crashing ;) ).

A bunch a photos, and I go to bed.

130105-223918.png130105-223959.png130105-224205.png130105-224226.png130105-224704.png130105-224830.png

Tomorow, I'l test a game or two more, grab a screenshot or two, make the PND and put it on the repo, so you will be able to see for yourself if the perfs are better or worse then the Android version (I hope better).

Pata Pata Pata Pon?

If this game is playable on the emulator I will die happy.

Hum, not yet... I tried Patapon 3. I had many graphical glitches then crash (but I had the option for faster interpreter, may be it's that)...

You'll see tomorrow.

I am a Pioneer and try much things so far i can.

I think i go back to my little Qemu Thread and Stay there.
No one said you should stop doing that, on the contrary (repeating myself): please continue doing that. Qemu on the Pandora would not be were it is now without you. Just try to restrain your excitement a little

Well, that's Ingo.

I like his work and dreams.

He likes lots of !!! :)

Try everything .

An emulator in that early state already on Pandora is great.

Of course it's not compare able with Exophase's NDS Emulator's performance and compatibility list. But it does not have to. It gives hope.

Not to forget PtitSeb.

Thanks for supporting this project.

Let's hope for updates and improvements.

An emulator in that early state already on Pandora is great.
What exactly is great about it? What can you use it for?
When it runs games at playable speeds, then it will be great. Right now it's useless.

I think i must correct your Thinking about me,T4B from the German Forum explained me that

using "!!!" is not good to see in the internet and my Startposts are too much screaming for this News.

I Apologize to all when one or 2 of you understand me wrong,because i thought its a bombing News.

I am not as good as many Users here and when i have finaly got anything rare running then i am so happy,

that i must Post this others what is possible.

My english is not the best and maybe i understand Things wrong and you understand Things wrong from me.

Truly Sorry for communication Problems and next time i try to scream the News not so loud and without "!!!"

The "!!!" Was only thought for the Users who sayed everytime before "PSP is not possible or the Pandora is not powerfull enough"

I set me not on the Same Level as the great Notaz or other important Coders,because my knowledge is not so good @ many Things

and then when i got something rare running,then is more Happyness that it run :D

In the Moment think i about a Pandora Mobile Phone Mod ^_^

Don't worry about being enthusiastic ;) (or about your English, which is perfectly good)

The thing to consider is: How exciting is this new discovery in its current form?

Being able to run a PSP emulator at slideshow-speed on a pandora isn't particularly surprising.

What is exciting is that there is a project to make said emulation work well, and if it does work well, that whould be even better.

Don't be too disheartened by Notaz - the more you work at a project, the more respect you will get for the finished product :)

You're not proving Pandora is powerful enough by showing a small selection of games running at a fraction of full speed. This is what people are getting at. When someone questions whether or not its possible they mean at full speed, not arbitrarily slow.

I've seen this happen so many times over the years. An emulator gets ported to some platform where it doesn't run any significant number of games at full speed, usually nowhere remotely close. People make videos where they say things like "you said it was impossible but you were proven wrong" and "now they just have to make it faster." If it's not fast enough for anyone yet it isn't showing anything. Just getting it running at all isn't that much of an accomplishment if the emulator was already written. You don't know if it'll ever be fast enough or not.

In this case the emulator isn't just a port to ARM platforms and OpenGL ES but is being optimized for it by the main dev team. That's good. But if they really want to push ARM performance ASAP they'll just use Ari64's recompiler. From what I've heard of their current x86 recompiler they're far behind in that area. And PSP's CPU isn't that different to emulate compared to PS1's. Even the RAM is in the same place as PS1 and N64, and only a few instructions were added. But I digress, not everyone wants to take someone else's code..

If they're serious about this I bet eventually some of the simplest game will run fullspeed on Pandora. I'm not going to say it can't be done or won't happen. But no one should underestimate the work involved because they have something slow running now.

Awesome !!! What song is that ??? You played during video ?

@2Bit mean you that John Lennon Song or the Main Video Song?

Wait i see in my Youtubeaccout...

....from MusicShake the Symphony Extended ^_^

Back