Release NEWS: Dreamcast is working on Pandora+Video

There are ever some hidden Settings or Tuning things :rolleyes:

The Gap is not soo big when whe Compare the Dreamcast to Playstation-2 :D

You will laugh but i think Playstation-2 Emulation is possible(shure not Fullspeed)

First when i see a Playstation-2 Slideshow on Pandora,then i believe it,

that the Pandora is too slowly for that :lol:

Dreamcast is possible on Machines Like Pandora can you see and when some very good Coders go on it maybe they will find Speedups ^_^

I thought i had readed somewhere that Dreamcast was more Powerfull than a Playstation 2,

then why should be the Playstation2 Emulation not work too?

Last edited by a moderator:
You will laugh but i think Playstation-2 Emulation is possible(shure not Fullspeed)

First when i see a Playstation-2 Slideshow on Pandora,then i believe it,

that the Pandora is too slowly for that :lol:

Yes I certainly laugh :D

Even on my slightly older Core2 desktop with a gaming graphics card, Playstation 2 emulation is a slideshow. I'm talking a 2 core processor at close to 2Ghz, with a graphics card with 512 Mb of RAM and multiple pipelines -

there is NO WAY the Pandora can do PS2 even if it was running at 2Ghz. There's not enough power under the hood. Stop dreaming.

Here on my Asus At3iont-i Deluxe 1,8GHZ ATOM Board work Playstation-2 good(and its only an Atom Processor)

Its my Living Room PC without any Fans and self build in Playstation Joypad Ports.

My Favour Atelier Iris 2 RPG work on this PC smoothly(exept the Ingamevideos)

I play often Ps2 on slower PCs,had it run for me playable on a 1,5GHZ PC too.

The thing what i spoke about was naturally with Frameskip and Tweaks but it work on Slower PCs too.

Maybe the Interpreter that convert Mips to x86 have more to work than Mips to ARM Architecture.

No One can say it exactly when no one tried it ;)

But back to Topic: I Hope that DRKIIRAZIEL release a new NULLDCE Version for all of us :D

Tried this on my galaxy 3 & Crazy Taxi was playable, much faster than Pandora.

When I have the time I'll try it with some other titles.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Here on my Asus At3iont-i Deluxe 1,8GHZ ATOM Board work Playstation-2 good(and its only an Atom Processor)

With an atom processor? Somehow I find it very hard to believe.
Me too... I have a Core2Duo 3GHz, overclock to 3.6GHz and PS2/GCN/Wii are all not fullspeed...

Up until recent, NullDC was the king of Dreamcast emulation as far as I know. And every game I've tried with it has not delivered me a genuine Dreamcast experience. I've got a Dreamcast myself with quite a lot of games, and really know what to look for when playing a downloadable version of the original. Even the intro from Soul Calibur has many faults on a Windows based system. The faults at the core of the emulator are bad enough that games are unplayable. I'm not sure of it, but I guess the original author(s) of NullDC gave up his/their efforts for a good reason. It will take another few years to get Dreamcast emulation to a level of PlayStation One or Nintendo 64 (considerably good emulated platforms). It's a lot of work: so much that the Pandora will never see at least one playable Dreamcast game.

I would love to see it different, as the Dreamcast is probably my favorite console. But for the past three and a half years we have gone from a Prince of Persia slideshow to a Crazy Taxi slideshow, which says more than enough. It will not happen.

There are other emulators than nullDC, you should try them.. I haven't done much DC emulation myself so I don't really know the state of things but the guy who does Makaron kept a pretty interesting blog of his progress, detailing some of the techniques used. Maybe it does better in some areas? Sometimes emulators that are no longer worked on became so popular that it's hard for other emulators to be noticed, even if they're better (or at least more accurate).. like in the past with say NESticle and ZSNES..

But Dreamcast's GPU has a lot of nuances that make it hard to emulate correctly using some other 3D hardware.. especially order-independent translucency, this is a feature no one really has and it takes a lot of work to even approximate it. So I would be surprised if anything outside of software rendering (could be done on the GPU of course) can do a reasonable job all of the time. It'd take a lot of grunt to software render DC's GPU, but I'm sure it's doable with today's many core CPUs and heavy GPGPUs, given some decently written code.

Really I'm just kind of nit-picking at your use of "pixel perfect." There's a huge gap between something that on first glance looks more or less the same and something really being the same. When emulating 3D hardware little details in the precision of the calculation and order of operations makes it hard to get the pixels 100% correct, instead you'll often see a color that's just a little brighter or darker or a polygon whose edge takes a slightly different path. But because it's all self consistent, with the edges still lining up with each other, it isn't visibly obvious that it's wrong. But it isn't perfect. And if you use 3D hardware it'll probably never be perfect. Even two different 3D cards rendering the same game will usually be slightly different.

I know of very few emulators that even try to get pixel perfect 3D, much less succeed in it. I know MESS's N64 emulation is working on this. I got something perfect for a few dozen random tests scenes for gpu_neon, but while I don't have scenes that have any errors I could hardly make the claim that it's always correct in every game. And this was only really feasible in the time frame in which I did it because PS1's GPU is so simple (and because notaz helped me a lot).

With an atom processor? Somehow I find it very hard to believe.

Yeah maybe it's "good" like this video is. Someone could find just about anything acceptable, never take "good" or "playable" to mean anything when talking about emulators. For anything below full speed get real figures.. actually get them anyway, sometimes people don't even realize it's not running full speed. I had someone tell me once that something was full speed until I told him to turn on the frame counter and found it was only half speed after frameskip..

Last edited by a moderator:
In which folder do i have to put the bios file? Do i need to manipulate the config file in any way?

Back