About Android On Pandora

Near_Kstor

Hello, guys...

I have searched for a while now in this forum, but to no avail....
I really want to know if is it possible to make Pandora compatible with the Android APPs
I found the pAndroid thread, about bringing the entire Android OS to Pandora, but that's just not it...
Adding support to the Android Apps would be great for Pandora, because it would add a big library of applications ready to use (some for free, some with commercial purposes... from the Android Market).

So... I just wanted to know if it is possible (I heard even Ubuntu is adding this feature), and if maybe someone is already working on it... How difficult it is to do? Or how much time it would take to implement such a feature? . . . I can't find anything about it...

Thanks =]

Edit: Just some English corrections... That's not my native language, so... sorry =X

I'm just speculating, but it should be trivial to port the Dalvik virtual machine from Ubuntu ARM, once it is released.

Well, the Ubuntu team is doing this for their OS. It would probably just take porting that project to armel for the interpreter to work...

My Java professor just announced that next semester they'll be handing out Android phones to us students in the 216 level. Booyah.

Back