PSP Emulation on Pandora (via Android) with video

ingoreis

Hardcore Member
Staff member
IT WOOOOOORK B)

Hi there,i got the PPSSPP Emulator working on the Pandora Android.

With a Native Compiled Version and Neon Optimized will it run a little faster and

the Developers of this Emulator promise on her website for the

next Versions a good Speedup.

An all who can make a Pandora Native Compiled PND for all,here is the Website

http://www.ppsspp.org/

There i a Github for latest Version on this Site.

Enjoy the Video and next Time i will release more Videos :D

the Video was made with ~1.2GHZ

https://www.youtube.com/embed/WlDnAnVq6tM?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
I started looking at it, among other things. The compilation stopped at 45% more or less, but I haven't looked at why it stopped yet...

I tried it to compile under Slackware but it breaks on Cmake :(

Hey Linux Swat ,when you read that,maybe you can Compile that? :D

Turning onscreen controls off in the emulator should speed it up slightly, I found this on my Samsung Galaxy S with PSX emulaton.

wow impressive! 2013 is definitely gonna be a super awesome year for the Pandora. All the more reason to get a 1Ghz unit as well

@ingoreis

nice, but could you please do the following two things in the future:

• post this in the "General Talk" section, this gives the false impression that a certain emulator is in the works for the Pandora, which isn't
  • try to make your headline / post less striking - it just gives false impressions.
no offense, but this kind of threads just generates false impressions / hopes what the Pandora is capable off - just like your "dreamcast thread" => super awesome, now we have dreamcast emulation working on the Pandora .. sort of .. well you can't really play anything with it, but it works .... .... .... what was the name of that emulator again , hmm can't remember anymore.

Don't get me wrong, please continue with this, its really good that someone is spending time on plowing through "the internet" to find, what is actually possible with the Pandora, just try to make less fuzz about it.

Just released a new software? Or found new software somewhere else? Post about it here!Just released a new software? Or found new software somewhere else? Post about it here!
I found Software,

i tried the Software,and everyone who has Android on the Pandora can use this Software.

Thats no General Talk,thats possible for every Pandora User.

Its only a Question from Time,that someone Release a PND,but the Android Version can try everyone.

Is this no Software News??????

The I cannot anything for that,that is no Pandora Emulation Section for such Things.

The Dreancast Emu support has broken,but it is possible.

Is this no Software News??????

The I cannot anything for that,that is no Pandora Emulation Section for such Things.
Sure it software news, but this section should be reserved (at least in my opinion) to Pandora specific software releases - otherwise where to draw the line ? Why shouldn't anyone else post his favourite android application here as software news ? Imagine more people tend to do that, real releases for the Pandora get buried

The Dreancast Emu support has broken,but it is possible.
so what ? I bet Nintendo Wii Emulation is possible, if someone takes the time to tailor a wii emulators sourcode to the Pandora specifications. But will it be playable ? guess not. Same with dreamcast,psp etc. sure its possible, but who wants to play a slideshow game ?

Nice news Ingo.

It's not a slideshow :)  .

A PND would be nice.

I want DIssidai 012 Final Fantasy on Pandroa.

So much cheap Games for PSP.

Great.

(I don't like the design of PSP so playing on Padnroa would be great)

@ingoreis

nice, but could you please do the following two things in the future:

• post this in the "General Talk" section, this gives the false impression that a certain emulator is in the works for the Pandora, which isn't
  • try to make your headline / post less striking - it just gives false impressions.
no offense, but this kind of threads just generates false impressions / hopes what the Pandora is capable off - just like your "dreamcast thread" => super awesome, now we have dreamcast emulation working on the Pandora .. sort of .. well you can't really play anything with it, but it works .... .... .... what was the name of that emulator again , hmm can't remember anymore.

Don't get me wrong, please continue with this, its really good that someone is spending time on plowing through "the internet" to find, what is actually possible with the Pandora, just try to make less fuzz about it.
I second this.

Ok then you can move this Thread to General Talk.

I think this forum needs more specific Sections.

I unterstand now that the Software News is only for Pandora Software

from the Pandora DEVs.

But the message is the Same:there are playable PSP Games,but i dont have many

Time to try.

Next Days will i try PSP Demoversions of Games and Homebrew Games.

This was only a first Test

i tried the Software,and everyone who has Android on the Pandora can use this Software.

Thats no General Talk,thats possible for every Pandora User.

Its only a Question from Time,that someone Release a PND,but the Android Version can try everyone.
Android is not that great on an old CC Pandora (256MB) but at least there is a PSP Emulator running on Pandora, very nice. :)

An optimized and dedicated port in PND form would be great.

I don't have much experience with PSP, is emulation more complex compared to an NDS? Which one has the more powerful hardware? Both are basicly the same Handheld generation so it's interesting to see how they behave emulation wise. ^^

There is not much PSP emulation in this video, Tales of Eternia uses almost no PSP's capabilities. And if even that's running so slow at 1.2GHz, don't even dream about running any proper games.

ingoreis, you should at least change the topic title, running the most simple game at 1/3 speed is no news, it's more or less useless for any actual gameplay.

Topic title edited - now less sensational and with fewer exclamation marks

(Bold green means I've got my moderator hat on)

Moved to general talk as requested

I have compiled PPSSPP on the Pandora.

It's not finished yet. The button are on the screen like with the Android version, and I have yet t find a game that work (looking at the wiki may help).

I'm off tonight... But expect more news tomorrow...

A few screenshots, but nothing spectacular, I tried 2 games that stayed black...

130105-190945.png

130105-191027.png

Nice! I guess mods should move this thread to the software news section and change the title :)  

Sweet! , good work ptit seb :)  hope you can improve it 

Back