Psp Emu

headsh0tshurt

Still Fresh
Hey everyone. My friend informed me about this site as well as the gp32_console , after reading the specs on it i definitely wanted to get it. However, I don't want to totally abandon my PSP yet (GTA: Libert City Stories comes out soon).

I just joined this board and im navigating through some of the older threads...is anyone currently working on an emulators for the current console/mobile devices?
xbox,psx,ps2,psp,dreamcast,n64. I am not familiar w/ Linux coding so forgive me if actually getting these emus to work on the gp32_console is impossible.

Hi,

yes exactly, sadly emulating these systems is actually impossible and dont expect to be ever able to play them on the gp2x - sorry ;)
the machines are just way too strong for the gp2x, only thing *possible* (not meaning a an playable framerate!) is probably playstation but the handheld is more desgined for emulations like SNES, GBA probably and anything older ;) (and of course homebrew games, various pc ports like doom 1+2, quake, duke nukem 3d etc... u know)

Huh, I just thought you were asking for them on the gp32, but then I noticed you just picked the wrong forum... :eek:

LOL, why did he post into the Developers Corner ? Everybody should know that this is a place for serious talk between people that have at least a clue of hard- and software. Which he obviously has not :p j/k

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna flame....

Look, if you want to play Xbox, PS2, Gameboy advance, DS, PSP games then play them on the bloody systems they were made for, and BUY THE FUCKING GAMES!!!!!!

There is a BIG difference emulating old games on commercially dead systems. But if we emu roms downloaded from the internet from machines that are trying to succeed today, these systems will fail, and the whole industry is doomed!

I just can't stand greedy posts by greedy people wanting to have things for nothing. This isn't directed at the poster here directly, but at all GBA advance kids who want to steal roms instead of save their pocket/drug money for!!!!!!

Humph

wow someone got out of the bed the wrong side.

Do you think if he knew the awnsers he would have asked the question ??

If you can see he dosent have a clue then why not help him instead of making a big song and dance over the things that you dislike.

Why did a mod even bother to move this post?

The question has been answered, I now declare this a pointless thread ripe for pointless random yammering.

He is asking about the emus on the GP2X and not the GP32 right?

Short Answers on the posibility of these system being emulated on the:
GP32
xbox: No
psx: No
ps2: No
psp: No
dreamcast: No
n64: No

GP2X
xbox: No
psx: Probably but its going to be a while until it's really playable
ps2: No
psp: No
dreamcast: No
n64: Highly unlikely

LOL, why the heck would you think a handheld can emulate an xbox? I mean the xbox360 is having troubles enough emulation an xbox!

atsnom posted on Oct 2 2005 at 11:38 PM said:
wow someone got out of the bed the wrong side.

Do you think if he knew the awnsers he would have asked the question ??

If you can see he dosent have a clue then why not help him instead of making a big song and dance over the things that you dislike.

I don't understand your post. Did you think that I belived that I was trying to help him/her?

I was saying that I think questions like "can I steal Xbox games from a dodgy Rom site and play them for free on my GP2X?" are the questions of scum! So why should I give a proper answer?

Really, I just said that anyone who wants to play games made recently must pay for them. I know that when I was a kid, I was just as bad, and I know that some kids will have every PSP game on their pcs at home, without paying a penny for them.

But people who whine on about "when can I play GBA games on my PSP" drive me nuts! And then this post about whether he play Xbox games on the GP2X? Buy the sodding games. If you can't afford them, save up.

But really, what's the difference between stealing a GBA rom from Gameshop, or downloadeing it from the net?

We emu old games, and support the industry by buying the new ones. Anyone who disagrees with this is short sighted and stupid!

There, flame me now.....!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, this thread has to be a joke. Xbox & PS2 emu on GP?! Huh?

This should probably be moved this to LOL Files. It doesn't belong on any of the real boards IMO. It will only result in flames.

But people who whine on about "when can I play GBA games on my PSP" drive me nuts!

Having seen the screen of a PSP, and being the proud owner of an original GBA which I can only play in bright sunshine & sitting at the right angle, I can't say I blame any GBA owners who want to be able to play their games on their PSPs ;)

I own a PSP and also an "SP2" (the new SP with real backlit screen - just came out about a week or two ago, and yes it is real) and the SP2 actually has the better screen IMO. Same overall brightness and color richness as the PSP, but without the ghosting issues. It's a gorgeous screen.

So depending on what GBA model you own, GBA owners are just fine.

Only thing of problem I see, is the carrying around of both GP2X and GBA, plus the games. One portable should be enough, and if I can get GBA emulation for it, great.

All those people who are wowed by the PSP screen should have owned a PDA. Zodiac has a higher resolution screen than the PSP for starters, and the 6 year old VAIO PCG-C1XN has a gorgeous (albeit 8 or something inch) screen.

PSP screen is nothing special, it's just the GBA screens have been well below the bar due to Nintendos policy (I think) of not allowing losses on hardware sales Which considering how many people would rather emulate the GBA elsewhere, is probably a good idea.

I'm not really wowed by the PSP screen - actually, I'm considerably more impressed by the GP32's - I really hope that the GP2X will be at least as good as my BLU. .

But compared to my GBA, just about every other handheld screen I've ever seen has been amazing. My Palm; my GP32; heck, even my phone!

I'm damned if I'll buy another GBA just to get a more useable screen, but I might be interested in GBA game on the GP2X. . .

Probably not, tho, as tho only GBA game I really liked was Doom, and that's going to be ported direct ;)

"Probably not, tho, as tho only GBA game I really liked was Doom, and that's going to be ported direct ;)"

Oh come on. Golden Sun 1 and Golden Sun 2!?

Back