Psp Emulation

Meany105

Still Fresh
the pandora FAQ and the older official pandora website state that Dreamcast emulation is possible and that a very early emulator has been created. since the dreamcast cpu clock speeds are almost the exact same as with the psp, is PSP emulation possible.

also, the reason i am asking about PSP emulation is because i have a PSP, but i like to have my devices be all-in-one and it would be great to load my psp games on the pandora and sell the psp

Without going into technical issues about those emulators (as they are something I'm not knowledgeable enough to speak about), and before someone comes in here and rips you a new one, I'm going to suggest that you take a glance at this document about the "Megahertz Myth". ;)

Short answer, there's a WIP version of a PSP Emu, not yet something you can play games on, but a WIP which shows some promise of becoming a playable emulator.
I think it's on the Wiki...

Prometheus said:
Without going into technical issues about those emulators (as they are something I'm not knowledgeable enough to speak about), and before someone comes in here and rips you a new one, I'm going to suggest that you take a glance at this document about the "Megahertz Myth". ;)

i know this, but having never used a dreamcast, would the PSP be easier or more difficult to emulate than the Dreamcast

Last edited by a moderator:
Meany105 said:
i know this, but having never used a dreamcast, would the PSP be easier or more difficult to emulate than the Dreamcast

More difficult...and the Dreamcast and PSP have very, very different hardware...

I feel like there should be a rule against asking if X system can be emulated. There is a sticky, but I'm not sure when it was last updated.

centus said:
Short answer, there's a WIP version of a PSP Emu, not yet something you can play games on, but a WIP which shows some promise of becoming a playable emulator.
I think it's on the Wiki...

While there is an emulator being developed, don't hold your breath for commercial games! AFAIK the PC has yet to emulate commercial PSP games to a playable degree, so the Pandora is a looong way off.

This is what happens when you think DC emulation is a lock in the first place.

Exophase said:
This is what happens when you think DC emulation is a lock in the first place.

Openpandora.org said it not me

Meany105 said:
Openpandora.org said it not me

They certainly didn't say it was a lock. The problem is that you're taking videos of Dreamcast games being emulated at under half speed as more than just that. So unless what you're really asking for is PSP emulation at under half speed then I think you should hold off a bit on that logic.

Back