Dream Coding Grand Prix 2006

wraggster

Certified Guru
Website
www.dcemu.co.uk
DCEmu have announced the start of the Dream Coding Grand Prix 2006, an homebrew coding competition to create games or applications that covers PSP, Nintendo DS, Dreamcast, GP2X, GP32, Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, Gizmondo, Nokia N-Gage and Tapwave Zodiac the competition ends on Dec 31st 2006.

wow that sounds like an awesome competition... I'm actually tempted to work on something for it, could do with a little extra cash :) don't think I've much chance of winning though seen as theres so many consoles on that list with a lot more power and hardware to utilize...

It clashes with the GP2X Community Game Contest which ends a week or two earlier. I'll probably pass on this as I want to enter the community contest and you cant enter an already released program. Whats the rules on entering say a PSP or DS version of my GP2X game?

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually still need partners for one of the comps(most likely the dream coding grand prix)I had an idea for a game and am working on the story, but unfortunately the programmer and artist became busy. Anyone want to help me create a game as good as snes games were back then, except for the gp2x? :huh:

the prizes have been updated

1st Prize) GP2X Console (mk2) + 45% of Money ($16.00)

2nd Prize) Nintendo DS Lite Console + 2nd Place) 25% of Money ($8.50)

3rd Prize) $120 Voucher to Spend at Decal Girl + 15% of Money ($5)

4th Prize) $50 Voucher to Spend at Extreme Mods + 10% of Money ($3.50)

5th Place) 5% of Money ($1.50)

money are from ads and donations

contest page

Back