Gta Liberty City Stories (psp)

There's a cassino on the second island (ahd a helicopter pad on the roof although you couldnt get into it in GTA3), been a while since you played GTA3 huh? :D But I definatly expect other things from this game, I'd like to see a few new spots, a few new buildings (one skyscraper was being constructed in GTA3 if I recall) They'll probably touch on the "Donald Love issue" and I'd expect some new radio stations, atleast half of them if not all. You have a resturant so I wouldnt be suprised to see you have to eat and work out, Though I can't see Tony peddling a BMX bike.

Still unsure about the timeline of this game though, does it take place directly after you finished GTA3 or is it a few months/years later? or maybe even running simultaneously (it wouldn't be out of the question.)

The load screens between islands in GTA3 were to pre-load textures and geometry so the game could stream the content quickly. It still loads as you play which makes me think the PSP probably will to though the question is how much will it need to load. How it uses the PSP's ram will be key to solving this problem I think.

Unless you saw these same shots in GI they were probably fake. Somone created some fake shots of a PSP running a GTA game a while back. Gamespot debunked them. handy use of photoshop and the Pricedown font.

EDGE magazine has good coverage of it this month with plenty of screenshots and 2 months ago official playstation magazine had a six page spread with more screenshots than you can shake a stick at.

I can't deny that the web coverage of this game has been rather poor.

I think they will use the san andreas engine, simply because it is the most optimised, and has most of the tricks needed to pull this game off on a psp already implemented, e.g. reusing houses at different areas to stop loading times being as awful.

Goity posted on Sep 8 2005 at 04:25 PM said:
I think they will use the san andreas engine, simply because it is the most optimised, and has most of the tricks needed to pull this game off on a psp already implemented, e.g. reusing houses at different areas to stop loading times being as awful.

No, its being handled by Rockstar liverpool probably due to two reasons.

1. They're rockstars porting division (they're using the GTA3 engine, but I think the sandbox is all the same anyway just optimised)

2. The people there are better at stealing cars than anyone else and they can add that special edge to the game.

Calm down, calm down.

Jerry.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

But yeah, I'm almost certain all the GTA games stem from the same innitial source of code with tweaks and fixes across the 2 sequels. Being that they'd simply have to make adujstments anyway for PSP they had to have fixed up a lot of the original engine by now.

well it is no question that every 3D gta game since GTA 3 has used the same engine, you can tell by the game's feel when you play it.

if the cars are still the same speed as in gta 3 it will be horrible, i swear.. have any of you actually noticed how slow the vehicles are compared to VC and SA? every car feels like its stuck at a constant crappy speed of something like 40mph.. at least thats how it feels, accelleration is garbage and so is the top speed. I'm not jokin..

Back