Prometheus: WTF ?!??!

She doesn't want one, continuing to go through this effort of raising money from people, telling them that it's to get a Pandora 2 for Prometheus is just an obviously bad idea.. You're shouldn't collect money from people for a cause that isn't going to happen.

I'm not deluded enough to think I could even hope to fill shoes as grand as those Prometheus has left behind. She will be missed.

I'd like to say I'll step up my game and carry the torch a little until a suitable replacement can be found, and we surely need one, but sadly I have neither the time, nor the inclination.

I'm not deluded enough to think I could even hope to fill shoes as grand as those Prometheus has left behind. She will be missed.

I'd like to say I'll step up my game and carry the torch a little until a suitable replacement can be found, and we surely need one, but sadly I have neither the time, nor the inclination.
That's insulting to Prometheus! You are saying she has big feet! :lol:

But I think you could do a good job! :)

If santa claus posted on this forum, no doubt some of you would flame his ass back to the north pole double quick. :blink:

Oh boy, the only thing that's certain is that Prometheus would be sadened by all this meaningless bickering / arguing in this thread. The very thing she was always against and hoped people would not do.

Last edited by a moderator:
here's some free advice for happy threads,

and for not scaring away santa or the ladies

1. try to think the best of people and their intentions

2. don't use too much foul or offensive language

3. check what you wrote and think about it before posting; if in doubt, sleep on it

4. don't over-react, strike back softer not harder

Maybe we can apply that 2nd moderation tip to improve the forums / IRC, so that we'll drive away fewer people.

I think PM is good for this, to avoid derailing a thread.

2: If someone is behaving in a fashion that's damaging to the community and/or the people in it, stand up and speak out. The fact that not enough people do this is what leads to the proliferation of problems in society, both offline and online, because even if it isn't meant as such, it comes across as a tacit approval of the damaging behaviours.

Does anyone know if Prometheus is still active on the other forums

No, she's left the Pandora/GPH scene altogether. Some of us are still maintaining some private contact with her, but she no longer visits the forums; apparently she hasn't seen this thread, for example.

here's some free advice for happy threads,

and for not scaring away santa or the ladies

1. try to think the best of people and their intentions

2. don't use too much foul or offensive language

3. check what you wrote and think about it before posting; if in doubt, sleep on it

4. don't over-react, strike back softer not harder

I already do all those, and people get upset with me. I can't help it - you're all morons, and prometheus leaving has just proved what I said right. Shame, really.

D.

It's noticeable to see how much the troll level increased since the ED's break and Prometheus departure.

^ Was thinking the same thing. Not specifically trolling , but general bad tempered arguments including name calling etc. Need to look for another level headed mod and fast.

Maybe Craig should mod? :p

sorry, but as soon as someone speak about something else than a pandora or an ICP on this forum Craig is the greatest Troll...

edit: and by they way, what is your order number?

^ Was thinking the same thing. Not specifically trolling , but general bad tempered arguments including name calling etc. Need to look for another level headed mod and fast.

To be honest, it wasn't that which caused Prom to leave - let's face it, I'm a pretty acerbic personality yet my warn level is zero and I've had no moderation from any of the mods. I'm just more careful of what I say than many of you are. People of late have been downright nasty and unsupportive to Prometheus, and that's why she left. Many of those folks are in this very thread and cannot understand why they drove her away; that's why I tend to call people morons.

Because it's true. I should point out that just because I reply to one person and use the work "morons", it's not that I'm specifically aiming at that one person - there are many here I would class as decent folks, but the overall level of dickery and stupidity on this forum is way higher than it should be. So the majority of folks on this board are who I'm aiming at.

Anyway, with the way things stand at present, Prometheus is not coming back. I've asked her to and she politely but firmly declined. She has no interest in the P2, as the Pandora does all she needs it to.

She is very disappointed that this thread even exists - there are far more pressing matters that could destroy this "scene" - The growing rift between Craig and those whose hard work on the kernel and system software is so very important, for example. That is a potentially disastrous situation that's developing quickly, and Craig seems hell-bent on letting it. You'd have thought that supposedly intelligent people such as those that would flock to the Pandora would have their priorities straight.

But as I said. The majority of you are morons.

D.

Back