Release ProjectX: Forsaken

For Tunnel B1, you should stick with the PSX version, I think that will be the best version on the Pandora.
Will buy that,thx :)

Today will i buy a Hub for My Pandora because the other Hubs are all in my Pandora Docking Station.

I am realy glad that you portet this Game.

Its not exactly so good as Descent3 but very near :)

I hope for Descent3 soon.

My experiments with WineX86 on Pandora let me hear the Ingame Music now but black Screen :(

Maybe soooon ;)

On my 1gig Pandora I noticed a lot of flickering,screen tearing and poor precision using the nubs. The audio is outstanding..'you want it you got it' an x bird of mine used to say that to me. :eek:   :p

Not unplayable for me but far from perfect and because of this not really enjoyable at this time....at least with my experiences. I just played single player with all defaults on normal difficulty.

Hi, i used my GHZ Pandora for the Video i made.

Simply use SGX Driver Version 4.03.02 :)

Then work it perfectly :)

On my 1gig Pandora I noticed a lot of flickering,screen tearing and poor precision using the nubs. The audio is outstanding..'you want it you got it' an x bird of mine used to say that to me. :eek:   :p

Not unplayable for me but far from perfect and because of this not really enjoyable at this time....at least with my experiences. I just played single player with all defaults on normal difficulty.
Yep, that's what's happening on a Gigahertz and Default Driver (the flickering at least). Try upgrading, that will greatly improve your experience (out of curiosity, did you get a warning at first start about default driver or I messed up something with the driver detection code. It only happen on first start).

Yep, that's what's happening on a Gigahertz and Default Driver (the flickering at least). Try upgrading, that will greatly improve your experience (out of curiosity, did you get a warning at first start about default driver or I messed up something with the driver detection code. It only happen on first start).
Yes I got the warning first...but about the memory being almost full. Which was strange because I put this one a 64gb card with over 30gb free.

Last edited:
I got a warning about not having enough free memory (I'm running a 1gig with the latest beta graphics driver), it seemed to run ok for the little bit I played it for (and died rapidly and repeatedly!!)

I got a warning about not having enough free memory (I'm running a 1gig with the latest beta graphics driver), it seemed to run ok for the little bit I played it for (and died rapidly and repeatedly!!)
Same here exactly!

Yes I got the warning first...but about the memory being almost full. Which was strange because I put this one a 64gb card with over 30gb free.
Ok, there may be 2 warning.

One about memory and one about driver version.

Memory is about the free RAM, not free space on SDCard. It's just a warning if you don't have any Swapfile enable (it's an error on CC model with no Swap file).

The Driver should happens on Gigahertz model only, using default driver only.

Both warning appears only the first run (well, it will reappear on at every upgrade or if you delete his data of course).

Nub precision, it should act normaly. I tried to have roughly the same feeling as with JK or RtCW, not sure I succeeded.

The game is quite Hard, even on Normal difficulty, use cotious and do go to far too soon, there are many ennemies in your way, and there are more and more resiliant, and try to dodge your shoot quickly. Also, don't forget you have a secondary (and more powerfull but more limited) fire.

Ok, there may be 2 warning.

One about memory and one about driver version.

Memory is about the free RAM, not free space on SDCard. It's just a warning if you don't have any Swapfile enable (it's an error on CC model with no Swap file).

The Driver should happens on Gigahertz model only, using default driver only.

Both warning appears only the first run (well, it will reappear on at every upgrade or if you delete his data of course).

Nub precision, it should act normaly. I tried to have roughly the same feeling as with JK or RtCW, not sure I succeeded.

The game is quite Hard, even on Normal difficulty, use cotious and do go to far too soon, there are many ennemies in your way, and there are more and more resiliant, and try to dodge your shoot quickly. Also, don't forget you have a secondary (and more powerfull but more limited) fire.
OK...Thanks for the advice  ;)

Yes, more actions now :)

Have you been in a level with water? I'd like to know if the code for the water is good. Do you know a level name with water inside?

I had a go with this and it looks beautiful!

But the looking around seems to need a bit more sensitivity - can this be adjusted in the options?

I'm hoping that it's not that my nubs are a little broken :/ (I must admit not played much with the nubs since I got my 1GHz...)

BTW if you want an alternative take on Forsaken, you can try the N64 version on Mupen it runs fullspeed at 600MHz even at full resolution and has different levels to this version. :)

I had a go with this and it looks beautiful!

But the looking around seems to need a bit more sensitivity - can this be adjusted in the options?

I'm hoping that it's not that my nubs are a little broken :/ (I must admit not played much with the nubs since I got my 1GHz...)

BTW if you want an alternative take on Forsaken, you can try the N64 version on Mupen it runs fullspeed at 600MHz even at full resolution and has different levels to this version. :)
Yes, sensitivity is adjustable, in the "Setup Biker" menu. Both X and Y axis are adjustable (you should have an X axis more sensitive than Y axis).

A little, hint, you want more eyecandy?

This games is very fast, and you can enable FSAA for less jaggy image, and using eglport from pickle, it's easy :) !

in appdata/projectx create eglconfig.cfg and put inside "use_fsaa=4"

And enjoy some cleaner display, and it still should be very fast. Do not hesitate to experiment and report (including the model of Pandora used), so I put an autoconfiguration on next package.

Thanks for this port ptitSeb! We used to play the N64 version on weekends with my brothers. Lots of fun and lots of memories. I love this version too.

I'm having an issue with controls when loading a saved game. When the saved game is loaded you can see the mouse pointer and when it reaches the edge of the screen the ship will stop turning (this does no occur when starting a level from scratch).

Thanks for this port ptitSeb! We used to play the N64 version on weekends with my brothers. Lots of fun and lots of memories. I love this version too.

I'm having an issue with controls when loading a saved game. When the saved game is loaded you can see the mouse pointer and when it reaches the edge of the screen the ship will stop turning (this does no occur when starting a level from scratch).
Hum, duno, I haven't played a lot with savegame yet. I guess the mouse is not put in relative mode :( Strange, I have to look in the code.

Back