projectQ Motherboard - Run Any OS

Thunderbolt is from Intel and there are already PC Motherboards with Thunderbolt, im realy interested in getting one with an i7, would be cool to have a "Mac Pro" with an i7 and a GTX Titan.

Thunderbolt is from Intel and there are already PC Motherboards with Thunderbolt, im realy interested in getting one with an i7, would be cool to have a "Mac Pro" with an i7 and a GTX Titan.
So your thinking of getting a Q motherboard from KS or a different board?

As far as I know this the only board that gives you thunderbolt , FireWire etc all on the one board. I have seen threads talking about other boards that could be used, but when the users posted details of the boards , they all lacked something.

It's not something I personally would get. However in terms of who would buy this, pretty much anyone wanting to build a cheaper Mac Pro. It's particularly people building their own adobe SW machines ie for video editors , photo editors

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a projectQ, yes.
But i think i will wait because i dont need a Case, RAM, a CPU or someting like this.
And i want to read a bit about it and about problems other people have, or hopefully have not...
Also i have an Mac Pro with an Xeon 16GB RAM and a big Graka, so it is not needed atm.
I will see but i dont think that i get a KS Board.
If they are BT/Wifi boards left tomorow(270 $) i order one...
If not, i will wait until the KS Boards got shipped.

I want a projectQ, yes. But i think i will wait because i dont need a Case, RAM, a CPU or someting like this. And i want to read a bit about it and about problems other people have, or hopefully have not... Also i have an Mac Pro with an Xeon 16GB RAM and a big Graka, so it is not needed atm. I will see but i dont think that i get a KS Board. If they are BT/Wifi boards left tomorow(270 $) i order one... If not, i will wait until the KS Boards got shipped.
I suspect that when projectQ hit the road you'll find lots of motherboards with the same functionality...

Back