THE BARMAN - Pure Genius

lol,. it is great, through the real price is 49$. 29$ was only a really limited quantity to attract public...

lol,. it is great, through the real price is 49$. 29$ was only a really limited quantity to attract public...
Looks like they had a few early bird tiers ranging through $29 , $39 and now $49 - Still very reasonable though.

The simplicity of how it works is just genius, I've seen others on Kickstarter that have been these complicated machines that are big and expensive.  Makes you wonder how no one thought of this simple solution earlier.

The simplicity of how it works is just genius, I've seen others on Kickstarter that have been these complicated machines that are big and expensive.  Makes you wonder how no one thought of this simple solution earlier.
It's so simple "anyone" can do it (it's basically just a glorified recipe book, displaying one step at a time. I've got apps that do the same thing on my phone). Why bother doing something that "anyone" can do? But then, since no one wants to bother, no one actually does it. There's a lot of ideas like this, something simple with a bit of polish, that never take off because they are extremely simple and people don't want to pay to do something so simple. Sometimes people get these simple ideas and sink a LOT of money into trying to polish up and market their prototype only to lose it all.Kickstarter is genius for these ideas! Build a basic prototype to show how it works, see if people are interested, and only then start sinking funds into polish and marketing. If no one is interested, you're only out the cost of that initial simple prototype; move on.

*source: I used to watch a lot of Dragons' Den.

Genius of the highest order indeed. Now if there's only a way to buy all the ingredients without paying out £10 per bottle, I could have some real fun :D

By the way; I can recommend making a whiskey sour drink (doesn't taste sour at all), if anyone wants to try something new.  I made it for an xmas party 3 years ago and everyone loved it. Contact me if you want the recipe ;)

The app side of it is more or less a recipe book or more precisely a DB of of cocktails etc and their ingredients that can be added to, shared and sent to the HW side.  The HW side is what is the most genius part of it,  a combination of differential weighing and software which tells you what to pour/add and more importantly when to stop pouring/adding.  Not everyone could put the HW component together and its the combo of both HW and SW and how they have gone about it that makes it genius .  It's simple compared to the other offerings I've seen that go for shit loads of cash, but just as effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back