Cheap 3D Printer on KS - $347 (The Buccaneer)

why say wireless is a con? It may not be a pro but that doesn't mean it's a con.
Wireless by itself isn't a con, Binky was just being nerdy there. :p The problem is that it is only wireless, and necessarily a host device (unless I've misunderstood). Printing something requires connecting to its wifi hotspot, which means you cannot simultaneously print something and be connected to the internet on your own router. This is a major flaw in the design. Binky's desire was that if he wanted a wireless printer he'd simply set it up on his own network using his own tools, something that can currently be done with basically any printer already, 2D or 3D. That's a lot of downside to the one upside that isn't even a unique feature.

It also means that if you don't have a wireless device you cannot use it. My desktop has a standard wired connection, no wireless, so if I were to do my work on it I'd need to transfer it to my tablet first in order to print.

Unless it does mention having a wired interface as well, but I couldn't find any mention of that. They seem to really hype the wireless feature.

Back