Laser Razor on Kickstarter - Yes Really

Well unsurpriingly, the Skarp project seems to not be going well, and the backers are angry. Last update seems to be 3 months ago

\www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-skarp-laser-razor-21st-century-shaving#/comments

Notice the comments by "Indeed Ascami":

Skarp’s CIO Oliver Pearce-Owen is hanging out in Las Vegas again :)
https://www.instagram.com/ollibeak/
Screenshot
SNKmZj0.jpg

(Look at the baseball scores on the screens: proof that these pictures were taken yesterday)
And their mechanical engineer wants to thank all the backers for making his dream holiday to Hawaii possible.

@Klumpen

Yeah , I did notice those comments. There's a number of commentors that have ripped into Skarp from day 1. As time goes by, the number not believing any more is getting greater and greater.

I just end up having to clean my hair out of the sections of the blades with something
Yes, my beef with "more blades".. it is harder to use a needle to remove the hair. I do that, let it dry, and one year later, I still use the same blades (cheaper worked better due to more space between the blades)

Yes, my beef with "more blades".. it is harder to use a needle to remove the hair. I do that, let it dry, and one year later, I still use the same blades (cheaper worked better due to more space between the blades)
I just rinse out the hair, and dry on a cloth before leaving it to air dry, but I still end up replacing my razor every few months. They still work at the point I throw them out, but the edge is clearly slightly blunted.

I just rinse out the hair, and dry on a cloth before leaving it to air dry, but I still end up replacing my razor every few months. They still work at the point I throw them out, but the edge is clearly slightly blunted.
Same here.

When I shave I do so in the shower and push the blades backwards over the underside of my arm, leaving a trail of hairs and I guess in theory giving them a bit of a sharpening at the same time. Just don't accidentally pull, that leads to a bad time.

Back