Project Morpheus - Pyra Game Indev

Even if you were developing for the Pandora, the Software News forum would be the wrong place as that's for discussing releases not development. For now, I think the best place for such a discussion is here in General Talk.
It may be time soon to open up a Pyra development section.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is a stretch and probably not something you're going to even try to implement, but your new interface (For some reason) made me think of this game which was recently released to Steam, which basically re-envisioned Final Fantasy/Dragon Warrior gameplay in a way which different people could bring characters together for multiplayer FF/DW-like gameplay.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249550/?snr=1_200_200_253_tab-NewReleasesFilteredDLC_2

Like I said, no idea why this came to mind. But it would be cool if you could coop with other people on an awesome Pyra RPG similar in ways to that game ^_­^
NEStalgic seems like an interesting game.  :) I will probably buy it at some point, if the good ol' nostalgia pops up again. 

In regards to including a multi-player feature, I recall a feature of Final Fantasy 6 that allows for Two-Player Battling.  I will definitely keep a feature like this (one that allows for four player battles online/offline) in mind, but I doubt it would be very fun.  Do you have any suggestions to make a feature like this fun? 

Even if you were developing for the Pandora, the Software News forum would be the wrong place as that's for discussing releases not development. For now, I think the best place for such a discussion is here in General Talk.
It may be time soon to open up a Pyra development section.
For now, I will just post a few things in here until the Pyra development section is set up.  Then I'll make a post dedicated to this game's development there. 

Speaking of development...

536b1028b56e5.png

It took awhile to hand draw each individual letter in a pixel-like manner that didn't look too sloppy...  Anyways, I think my 7+ hours working on this on-and-off worked out great.  I added IP (Imagination Points) and WP (Will Points) instead of DP (Dream Points) and ATB (Active Time Bar.)  After deciding those, I arranged them to better take advantage of the space available in the bed.   Furthermore, I decided on the four commands every character will have: Fight (will change name later), Imagine (like magic), Will (think skills and special attacks), and Item (does what you think it does.) 

As I have mentioned before, the themes of this game are dreams, nightmares, imagination and fears.  There is one plot point I will reveal: there are four children that are asleep (I will not say how or why) and are in the same dream/nightmare.  This is why the commands (Imagine and Will) are named as they are.  As for Imagine and Will's purpose and reasoning to the story... :rolleyes: You'll have to wait to find out. 

-Glyph Reader

Sounds cool.  I like where it is going, and am hoping for some very bad nightmares. ;)

Sounds cool.  I like where it is going, and am hoping for some very bad nightmares. ;)
Feel free to suggest any nightmare ideas if you want.  It just might make it (in some form) into the game.  If anyone gives me any ideas for anything in the game, I will have a place in the credits for them (assuming I use the idea.) 

While I'm commenting, I might as well state what's going on right now.  I am currently in the process of cleaning up my documentation.  While doing that, I realized that my information on how the stats were all laid out was completely broken and unbalanced (as well as out of date by two months.)  With this in mind, I am going to spend a good chunk of time tinkering and (possibly) redoing the entire system.  If I don't work on this system now, I will not be able to continue with anything else comfortably.  That's it for now.  Good day!  :D

-Glyph Reader

-Glyph Reader

Dear people of the Pyra... I have news! 

I have decided that I will be releasing a tech demo later down line line to get critique on the actual mechanics.  It is one thing to have everything written down on paper - another to use it!  The release of such a demo will most likely happen around the end of summer, but nothing is in stone. 

I also wish to mention that I have written the overarching plot of the game.  Still need to work on the details. 

Last on the list, I have been working on the first boss of the game!  Introducing...

537979568a2ba.png

Any critiques on the design?  Keep in mind that this is concept art, and this exact form will not be in the final game.  Speaking of form, I am probably going to use pixel art for my ingame models. 

Hope this was interesting!

-Glyph Reader

Sounds interesting :)

I don't make game models myself, so could be seeing this wrong, but the Offensive and Normal modes look a bit mixed up to me...

...where Offensive has shield strapped to back and Normal has a further reach with sword.

Wouldn't he have shield to hand when in Offensive mode too?

Just what I thought when looking at the images.

Or when actually making the pixel art will each be a few frames of animation, so the Offensive sword reach will increase anyway?

He looks kool though, in that hat :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree there should be a Pyra Game Development Section ;)

Looks cool so far, Glyph Reader :D Wish you the best of luck with your game :)

I'm currently working on a new game (pixel art Action/Adventure RPG), using Unity3D though so it would only be playable on Pyra if you're running Android on it (if that will be possible)...

Sounds interesting :)

I don't make game models myself, so could be seeing this wrong, but the Offensive and Normal modes look a bit mixed up to me...

...where Offensive has shield strapped to back and Normal has a further reach with sword.

Wouldn't he have shield to hand when in Offensive mode too?

Just what I thought when looking at the images.

Or when actually making the pixel art will each be a few frames of animation, so the Offensive sword reach will increase anyway?

He looks kool though, in that hat :)
The original sketch had the Rabbit Knight weilding the sword two handedly.  However, when making the more final version, I started to freak out over proportions for no good reason, so I unwisely made his hand just float there.  I plan to remake his model a bit; just a few tweaks here and there to make him more... "cool."  I'll make sure to keep the hat.  ;)

I agree there should be a Pyra Game Development Section ;)

Looks cool so far, Glyph Reader :D Wish you the best of luck with your game :)

I'm currently working on a new game (pixel art Action/Adventure RPG), using Unity3D though so it would only be playable on Pyra if you're running Android on it (if that will be possible)...
Thanks for your support.  :D

With that, I have a new sketch I want to show with you all!  Introducing...

introducing________________by_minepow2-d7jwi4f.png

At the moment, I am trying to make his appearance to be more frightening.  The plan for this guy is to use him as one of the four bosses.  Oh, and as for what this thing is, well, he is based off this old sketch I made for a game about overcoming fears, which was based off of sharks and mystery. 

-Glyph Reader

Back