Pyra Dock - What is known?

Someone (I forget who) actually came up with a working demo of a clock.
The mechanics are very simple: write a future unix (UTC, I believe) timestamp to a specific /sys/something file, then put your Pandora to sleep, or even shut it completely off. When that timestamp passes, it's basically like hitting the power switch. Modify the shell script that does the sleeping to also check for a set alarm when it wakes up and that'll be everything you need.
I'd look up the specifics but my Pandora is all the way upstairs and my cat is currently curled up on my arms snoring so I'm unable to move from my seat. Something like "echo 1471669200 > /sys/class/rtc/wakealarm" will set an alarm for August 20th 5am UTC. Probably not exactly the right directory, but you should be able to find it.
Hmm... even sudo gives permission denied.
[doublepost=1471653801,1471653294][/doublepost]
Nevermind, sudo doesn't work have to use su.

I don't know if you misunderstood, the English-language word "Handy" is the German word for a mobile phone, it's used in the German language as the standard word for mobile phones (not necessarily for smartphones though). It stems from a wrong understanding of the English term "handy", with the thinking that Handy is a good word because the device can be held in your hand in its entirety.

[doublepost=1471653801,1471653294][/doublepost]
Nevermind, sudo doesn't work have to use su.
Yeah, you can't pipe to a protected file using sudo, since only the command itself is run as superuser, not the piping bit. You can still use sudo with tee though, so that's the workaround I use; 'echo 1|sudo tee /sys/some_protected_file'

Edit: @scops, I did look at the padfone, but I couldn't work out how you'd rig a Pyra to something like that without losing half of the features the Pyra has - like game controls and a keyboard.

The more languages you speak the more your daily speech becomes a hodgepodge of words that don't belong together.
The fact that German, Dutch and English are so closely related does not help.
Fun fact, the EU institutions have have ended up with their very own kind of English, in part due to such mistakes. Instead of health insurance, the EU calls it sickness insurance! Here's an overview, it's quite interesting: http://ec.europa.eu/translation/eng...ed_english_terminology_eu_publications_en.pdf

Maybe you know that I used to have a note in my signature along the lines of being stuck in the English language's uncanny valley, asking others to correct me about exactly such mistakes... but it seems almost futile.

Maybe you know that I used to have a note in my signature along the lines of being stuck in the English language's uncanny valley, asking others to correct me about exactly such mistakes... but it seems almost futile.

I cannot say that I noticed but then again I tend to ignore signatures. I suppose people are afraid to be labelled grammar Nazis as most people don't care about language correctness.

At a former job I asked a British colleague to correct me whenever I utilized "American" instead of English. With all the American media these days, it is so hard to speak proper English.

Back