Production Status

Out of curiosity, I thought Craig had mentioned hiring an assembly staff and training them. Are we to believe they've been getting paid to sit idly around during this downtime? Or that they perhaps will all be available again on a moment's notice? If things start up again, it might take a bit of time before assembly achieves even the previous pace.

I think the staff he mentioned were probably either

(1) temps to help production quickly
(2) semi-permanent - temps to help initial production and sort out mess from one nut(nubs) club
(3) permanent - to sort out production and resolve issues on-going

Although like the vast majority of us - we are still waiting to see if any units have been sent out this week (i mean freshly made not from last weeks batch)

Things are stalling as per situation normal

2 weeks = 2 months = 2 years = 2 pi&&ed off to wait any longer

RajTakhar said:

(2) semi-permanent - temps to help initial production and sort out mess from one nut(nubs) club
Well *I* think the staff he mentioned were aliens from another dimension. Originally sent on a mission of peace, a huge misunderstanding nearly sent our planet into an inter-dimensional war. Fortunately they got wind of the Pandora and realized there was the potential for good in people, and an understanding was reached. They laid down their weapons as a show of peace, whereupon Craig picked them up, shackled the aliens in his basement, and forced them to construct his doomsday device. They long for their freedom, but in misplaced trust they gave up their only means of escape. They can cause minor pitfalls and delays, trying to extend the time they have before the last Pandora is completed and Craig must dispose of them, hoping that sooner or later he will make a mistake and they'll have their opportunity for revenge.
And the first place they'll go for that revenge is to all those who complained they were working too slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
* The case was fine, but the L/R Buttons were painted, so they didn't fit. We needed to manually drill and file them to make them work (you can't drill exactly in the center, so you need to manually file and test them...) This was REALLY time consuming - took up to 1 - 8 minutes (varying) per unit! As the next 3000 buttons will not be painted, this issue is also solved.
Don't know how many you have left to do, but if it's more than a few I'd look into begging/borrowing/stealing a drill press and making a simple jig. Nothing fancy required, just two or three bits of wood screwed to the bench in the right position so that when the button is held against it the drill is aligned with the centre of the hole. I reckon you could easily churn out several buttons a minute on such a set-up.

^ Afaik they expect to get more boards next week, so production and delivery should continue then.

Thanks
"expect", "should", "very soon" are popular words here.
"done" and "sent" aren't.

I am waiting for pandora 2nd batch,
Its iike waiting for a egg to hatch,

We keep being told that productions on hold,
and that there has been 700 apparently sold,

But i know when mine finally arrives october,
Batch 3 people will start bitching again allover.

Poem for Pandora
By P.J
so sweet dont you think.

^ Well done, funny and all, but no need to post the same in three different threads ;)

mali said:
^ Well done, funny and all, but no need to post the same in three different threads ;)

sorry ;( i was just trying to cheer all up abit ;)

RajTakhar said:

Thank you for this estimation. I estimate the weather tomorrow to be probably either

(1) dry
(2) semi-rainy
(3) rainy

What's the news on production? I can't find anything. I thought 350-400'er hadn't got his yet?

can anyone post their lowest so far?

Placed at 550~650 here, and no Pandora yet.

My head is so full of questions right now. If we continue at this pace then the first-batchers can be very happy when they actually received their unit before the end of this year.

Wootson said:
Placed at 550~650 here, and no Pandora yet.

My head is so full of questions right now. If we continue at this pace then the first-batchers can be very happy when they actually received their unit before the end of this next some year.
correction

Back