50 as one-nubbers
5 returned faulty
5 for first week build team
20 on hand for returns replacement
leaves 370 shipped or to be shipped on the GBAX list
source: http://www.pandoraproduction.comze.com/1_2_Production-Progress.html

Today 28 June
How many OP was produced since 21 June?
Have new cases come from Chinese factory?
Have new board come from Texas?

svs-57 said:
Last message about production was
tsh, on 21 June 2010 - 05:29 PM, said:
600 built
150 for ED
50 as one-nubbers
5 returned faulty
5 for first week build team
20 on hand for returns replacement
leaves 370 shipped or to be shipped on the GBAX list
Aren't we forgetting that some of those 370 units went to Fatih? No idea how many, but it would seem likely that less than 350 units have shipped from Craigix' store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they are making the Pandora's at a faster pace than this. I recall Craig saying that they aimed for 200 in one day at some point and weren't far off. They really should tell us the progress being made or at least if there isn't any.

It's scattered in various posts... check the Stalker :D

Just a short summary so far:

About 650 - 700 should've been shipped (alltogether) - or will be shipped these days (as I'm shipping some more today).

There were a couple of things that slowed things down in the beginning:

* Lots of failed LCD Cables in the beginning after we assembled the lid. As we had all 4000 cables here, it didn't prevent us to build the units... but it took a lot more time. As we now know what the problem was, this will be no slowdown anymore (last 200 lids we built only had one failed LCD cable :))

* Quite a few boards from the first few hundred units failed and had to go back for repairment to Texas. The quota for the last 200 was WAY better (only a couple ones broken), so the company is working on it. As testing these boards and having quite a few failures was time consuming... yeah, another one of those issues solved.

* The case was fine, but the L/R Buttons were painted, so they didn't fit. We needed to manually drill and file them to make them work (you can't drill exactly in the center, so you need to manually file and test them...) This was REALLY time consuming - took up to 1 - 8 minutes (varying) per unit! As the next 3000 buttons will not be painted, this issue is also solved.

* As you could see on the "one-nub"-Thread, a lot of nubs had problems. We shipped them back to the company that produced them and they found the problem (it was a tolerance problem). As it was their fault, they apologized a dozen times and are now testing each one of them and repair the broken ones for free. Since most nubs are fine and only a few need to be fixed, this should work out pretty fast. Another issue solved.

Two persons could build 50 units a day - even with doing all these manual labour and quality check.
But until we figured out what went wrong, this took a lot of testing and time.

As all these issues are solved, production should go way faster in the future.

There are a couple hundred boards already produced, just waiting for the nubs to be soldered to them (which doesn't take long).
There are about 250 cases left to build the units - the next 3000 are either in production or already finished.
So once the first batch of checked nubs arrive at the company in Texas (hopefully, this week), production should start and continue way faster.

Welcome to a first run - where lots of problems can occur. Thankfully, none of them were serious and all of them have already been taken care of.

svs-57 said:
No comments from OPT :(

<sarcasm>
OMG! OMG! OMG!
No reply within one hour! Those guys really must suck! I would sue them immediately!
They really need to be up 24/7 and rather check these boards to reply!
Bad thing might be that no more Pandoras will be finished since they can't build any when they have to browse the boards all the time... but who cares!
</sarcasm>

Last edited:
RajTakhar said:
Your losing your sense of humor :blink: - we still have it, even after that excuse for a football game yesterday

I never had any sense of humor. I'm evil. Yay!

Well, I'd rather seen it that Germany had lost - don't care about football, but living right in the city beneath the large place where they have a big LED screen for all those football-crazy guys to watch... it's really loud and getting on my nerves :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
* As you could see on the "one-nub"-Thread, a lot of nubs had problems. We shipped them back to the company that produced them and they found the problem (it was a tolerance problem). As it was their fault, they apologized a dozen times and are now testing each one of them and repair the broken ones for free. Since most nubs are fine and only a few need to be fixed, this should work out pretty fast. Another issue solved.

Can we get more detail about this - if it's possible to make any improvements to our one-nubbers? My best guess is too much Z-axis travel, but how to fix it???

Last edited by a moderator:
one nuber here. after some research, I discover (in my case) is a calibration problem. on boot the nub should be pressed about 1mm higher than the center. appart from that, it works

chame said:
one nuber here. after some research, I discover (in my case) is a calibration problem. on boot the nub should be pressed about 1mm higher than the center. appart from that, it works

Yes, that's probably the tolerance area. If not pressed in any direction, it shouldn't make any contact to a pad AFAIK.
It seems to have contact on your nub, so calibration acts up.

Last edited:
ED, thanks a lot for the update.

I'm in the 350-450 range in Craig's list, so according to that graph, I should've received an email by now (or be on the verge of receiving it this coming week...).

CiderPunk said:
so the question is, are any getting built and sent out this week?

Maybe some of the ones we can fix ourselves. For the rest: Read up above. As long as no nubs arrive in Texas, we won't get any boards.

Last edited:
Back