Preparing for Germany (2011-08-26)

lol no i dont and i once thought barly running n64 on the pandora would be it..but recent changes in the psp scene has made me think differently and my advatar is a joke from Prometheus.

I wasn't talking to you. Still, you can consider the N64 support on the Pandora to be "barely running" and I'll continue playing my N64 games on it.

D.

If/when these upgrades become available it'd be enough to get me to buy another Pandora. Want hard. :< Wifi module as well.

If/when these upgrades become available it'd be enough to get me to buy another Pandora. Want hard. :< Wifi module as well.
What exactly is wrong with the wifi? The power management doesn't work well, but if you turn that off the wireless works okay.

Are you hoping that a different wifi chip would give better range or less battery usage? I'm not sure that's a realistic expectation.

rather than disable powermanigement we should make a tweek to let the wifi run at full power for those who want to

1- I paid for an item under the current specs that should've arrived within 3-6 months of my pre-order. I've decided that if there won't be a CPU upgrade, I'll just cancel my pre-order as there's other devices out there in 2011 that'll fulfill my needs.

2- Fortunately I'm one of the early batch-2 people so that won't be a problem and in my opinion, batch 2's should definitely receive some sort of upgrade to the original.

Can you please stop whining now? Boohoo, you have a device that thousands of people have been waiting for but as soon as they get offered something better you throw a fit.

If you're an early batch two-er, how come you deserve anything more than a batch one-er? You paid the same amount (unless you've upgraded to premium) and waited less time. By the time you get it you will have still have waited less time than those batch one people who got theirs six months ago. For your information, I'm also 'early batch two', in so much as I ordered the week after batch one closed (if I remeber rightly).

You have a remarkable arrogance in coming onto the forums and, within a day and five posts, insulting an old hand who has contributed greatly to the Pandora and its 'scene' and saying his and others views should be considered redundant. This is not a normal product where those who've been served their device cease to have a voice on that device's future. The Pandora was founded as a community venture and as such these early batch one types who have sustained the project deserve their say in a way you and I don't---not until we've given something back. So far you appear to have given back some ill considered opinions. Its a start, I suppose ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Another perspective on the new cpu debate:

If we upgrade to a compatible 1Ghz cpu now will this save us upgrading to an incompatible 1.5Ghz one in the future?

I don't think anyone's said this, but:

If batch 2 or whatever happens next had a 1Ghz cpu as is being suggested, how fast might overclocking take it? Are we talking 1.2Ghz or 2.1Ghz?

I approve of the CPU upgrade, as long as there is a cheap(er) option for self-installation if we don't want to wait. As for putting the new CPU in batch 2, I'm itching to get mine so badly that I won't mind paying for an upgrade later on. $50-100 would be about the range I'd be willing to pay, as long as there is a significant boost in capabilities. For now, just pump out batch 2 and we can handle the CPU upgrade when we have the time, community, and resources to pull it off. Now is a bad time.

I approve of the CPU upgrade, as long as there is a cheap(er) option for self-installation if we don't want to wait. As for putting the new CPU in batch 2, I'm itching to get mine so badly that I won't mind paying for an upgrade later on. $50-100 would be about the range I'd be willing to pay, as long as there is a significant boost in capabilities. For now, just pump out batch 2 and we can handle the CPU upgrade when we have the time, community, and resources to pull it off. Now is a bad time.

you need a new board for the cpu anyways its almost impossable to remove one of those things without damaging it

1- I paid for an item under the current specs that should've arrived within 3-6 months of my pre-order. I've decided that if there won't be a CPU upgrade, I'll just cancel my pre-order as there's other devices out there in 2011 that'll fulfill my needs.

2- Fortunately I'm one of the early batch-2 people so that won't be a problem and in my opinion, batch 2's should definitely receive some sort of upgrade to the original.

Can you please stop whining now? Boohoo, you have a device that thousands of people have been waiting for but as soon as they get offered something better you throw a fit.
It's probably better u cancel your order anyway because everyone dislikes people that are just out for themselves and this is a great community, with you it could be come tainted ;)
Stop speaking for others, stop being obnoxious and stop being a complete and utter fucking retard.
To say that you're apparently 27, you really don't have a mature view on the world. Don't tell me, you live with your parents, right?

Of course I'm here for myself, I paid for a product that I still haven't got and if they'd offer an upgrade, who am I to say no? You stupid whiny baby.

Edit;

Oh, and I know you're from Rotherham but can you please make a better attempt at the English language?

Last edited:
Stop speaking for others, stop being obnoxious and stop being a complete and utter fucking retard.

To say that you're apparently 27, you really don't have a mature view on the world. Don't tell me, you live with your parents, right?

Of course I'm here for myself, I paid for a product that I still haven't got and if they'd offer an upgrade, who am I to say no? You stupid whiny baby.

Edit;

Oh, and I know you're from Rotherham but can you please make a better attempt at the English language?
lol you are the lowest of the low and I care not to converse with you any longer.

Good luck with that upgrade of yours ;)

It's a good job you've cancelled your order - can you imagine how much it would sting to be downloading most of your software from Mr Milkshake? :)

D.

All right folks, caaalllm down. Radical in particular.

1. There will not be a CPU upgrade.
  2. A batch 2 upgrade is categorically not going to happen, the SOCs for Batch 2 have already been purchased and will not be upgraded.
  3. This is a forum, not an English exam.

Swearing and excessive insults are not necessary. I understand that tensions are high here, but you've crossed a line.

I suggest the following:

1. Read this post:
  2. Read it again.
  3. Relax, there is no further need for argument about the possibility of upgraded Pandoras. This was all simply the forums jumping on EDs wishful thinking.

milkshake: you can put the troll food away now!

you need a new board for the cpu anyways its almost impossable to remove one of those things without damaging it

Shipping the board directly to the customer is bound to cost less (and go by faster) than having OP install it for you. That was my point.

I have a question, the increase in capacity on the Pandora could realize a DS emulator, GameCube or PS2?

I do not know what extent has this increase and want to know. Thank you and sorry for the bad English. ;)

I have a question, the increase in capacity on the Pandora could realize a DS emulator, GameCube or PS2?

I do not know what extent has this increase and want to know. Thank you and sorry for the bad English. ;)

There is no increase in capacity.

D.

a ds is possable but dont plan on seeing it any time soon. as for a gc and ps2 that is a no

If/When the SoC is upgraded to the new one from the beagleboard-xm, I'll likely finally get one. Until that time I cannot see myself playing with an device that is as slow/underpowered as the current one is. Also with the current price point increasing the performance of it will make it much much more likely to attract more new people since specifications matter. Anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves. People know what a Ghz is thanks to the commercials with the "SnapDragon" processors. They know that's fast, higher numbers==more sales. Since the type of person who's going to buy this thing, especially for the price that it's going to be, is going to to be much more likely to complete the sale with the new SoC. 512MB of ram+1Ghz cpu, makes it much much better for emulating the n64 and other similar consoles of that generation. Also browsing the web will be much much better.

It's going to be from what I've seen 500 Euros, that's a lot of cash for an emulator device, that's something like 750USD, that's about as much as a decent netbook and people are not likely to buy the pandora as it current is. at 750USD it's still way too expensive, but it's closer to where it should be. As time marches on more sales will happen due to people knowing that higher numbers==better and those who are more technically inclined will know that 256MB of ram+600Mhz processor is paltry in this day and age.

Wow...Such anger here. I look at this way. You paid for a product as advertised. When you get the product you will get it as you paid for it. I would speculate that if someone wants a upgrade to their exhisting order they should have to pay the difference and then be pushed back on the list. However it's not worth getting into a flame fest over. :blink:

It's a good job you've cancelled your order - can you imagine how much it would sting to be downloading most of your software from Mr Milkshake? :)

D.
>implying I'd care

>implying that I'd be able to read his English in said software

All right folks, caaalllm down. Radical in particular.

1. There will not be a CPU upgrade.
  2. A batch 2 upgrade is categorically not going to happen, the SOCs for Batch 2 have already been purchased and will not be upgraded.
  3. This is a forum, not an English exam.

Swearing and excessive insults are not necessary. I understand that tensions are high here, but you've crossed a line.

I suggest the following:

1. Read this post:
  2. Read it again.
  3. Relax, there is no further need for argument about the possibility of upgraded Pandoras. This was all simply the forums jumping on EDs wishful thinking.

milkshake: you can put the troll food away now!
Way to spoil my fun. :{

Back