Preparing for a Prototype

Porridge - My version...

thanks for sharing.
i (from stoopid germany) always wanted to know what these mysterious porridges and oatmeals are.
brain filled with valueable (and yummy) new knowledge now.
here in germany a lot of people like the "müsli", i guess.
mostly it's on the sweeter side, uncooked and eaten with cold (soy-)milk to get that crispy crunchy effect from flakes, nuts etc.
i just learned that my favourite müsli producer "rosengarten" has porridges now too, great! will try these premade ones for a start.
and no, i will not use milk in my tea, thank you! ;)
[doublepost=1570835139,1570835076][/doublepost]
So back to topic in two sausages (tm) ?? ^^

Last edited:
Are we talking about food? I'm a pretty good cook. My favorite dish is watermelon bowl.

Preparation time: 10 seconds

Ingredients:
- Watermelon

How to make it:
- Cut a watermelon in half
- depending on taste add a cup of nothing

It's called watermelon bowl because the peel of the watermelon will look like a bowl! I take great care in coming up with creative names for my dishes because the name of the dish is a very important part of the eating experience.

This meal is not for people who lack time though, for them I have another recipe: grape branch. It's much faster to prepare and therefore perfectly suited for people who have little time to prepare their own meals. Maybe I'll post it here later.

I wish we had something more interesting than food to discuss. Here's hoping for some new news from ED regarding prototypes (and more) soon.

Meanwhile, I have a new favorite table seasoning. MDH Butter Chicken Masla. I simply put the contents of the box into a shaker container and sprinkle it on anything I want to give more spice and flavor to.

Back to waiting.

Going back to read through this thread from the beginning again, as it feels we're approaching the release of some final prototypes finally, maybe.
From his response I will most likely be getting Dark Red.
Is that still the case, given the dark red cases we saw in the last video were more of a shitty brown colour?

Also, what's happening on the SD card market after all this time?

Going back to read through this thread from the beginning again, as it feels we're approaching the release of some final prototypes finally, maybe.

Is that still the case, given the dark red cases we saw in the last video were more of a shitty brown colour?

Also, what's happening on the SD card market after all this time?

Frankly, I'd take any case so long as it isn't pink.

At last count, my current choice of the cases we have seen, if it is mechanically correct (motherboard mounts right, shoulders work right), is the granite grey (grey with sparkly bits in it).

The SD card market has been pretty stagnant for raw size increases. There are more vendors offering 1TB microSDXC cards, but otherwise, for most practical purposes, it is unchanged. Changes in flash technology (3D) and process shrinks says that 2TB microSDXC cards (max size for SDXC specification) should be possible. I don't know if or when we'll see it in any consumer products though. They will likely want to squeeze every bit of money out of the 1TB cards first.

For me, lately, the 'sweet spot' for GB/$ have been the 400GB Sandisk microSDXC cards. I have about a half dozen or so of those deployed over multiple phones and USB 3.0 reader devices.

Here, the sandisk 400GB µSD card clocks in at 61GBP on Amazon here, while a Samsung 512GB card sells at 79GBP. I make that 6.557 GB per GBP for the Sandisk card versus 6.481 for the Samsung, but I guess the prices are likely to be different where you are.

Edit: Of course, what I hadn't appreciated is that in calculating prices as GB per unit money, a higher number is actually better.

Last edited:
Sandisk 400GB is $54.28. Samsung 512GB is $89.99.
Sandisk $0.1357/GB. Samsung $0.1757/GB.

Prices do vary a lot by market.

Here 512 GB is priced 3 times higher
image.jpg
image0.jpg

Post automatically merged:

image1.jpg

Sandisk is cheaper though. SanDisk ultra is even cheaper 5579 INR for 400 GB.

I will just use the ROM SD Card of my Pandora (128 gb) and one of the 2 400 gb Cards i got semi Cheap on Blackfriday on Amazon for 69 € a year ago or so (one of them is now in my Switch Lite, and it works well)

But the Pyra has 2 SDXC slots so then it should get 2 TB from those slots alone and may get 4 TB from those slots in the future. That's good.

Currently the Pyra has a theoretical maximum pocketable on/operational/local using available for purchase media of a bit over 5TB. That includes using five 1TB cards.

Cheers in advance to whoever is the first one to post up that they have 5TB in their Pyra. Likely won't be me, though I will likely put 2TB in my prototype at some point - likely not permanently - by using five of the 400GB Sandisk cards.

Devices I have purchased and used since ordering my Pyra Prototype:

Samsung Galaxy Note II. I was using this one when I made the Pyra order. US Cellular was very good - not cheap, but good.

Samsung Galaxy Note III. In the process I switched to AT&T so I could use GSM devices. The best phablet phone I have owned. AT&T, however, was a nightmare. It took 30 hours of waiting and talking to customer service reps over the course of five days to get four lines activated. It took 5 hours per month on the line with customer service and -6- months of inaccurate billing, all mistakes in AT&T's favor, several of them for over $100, to finally get my first correct bill for my 4 line family plan. The Note III was a relatively easy to repair phone. Over the course of owning four of these, I replaced two microUSB 3.0 ports, one headphone jack and one battery. This was, in my opinion, the best phone Samsung ever built. It was the last of the true tech-nerd oriented Galaxy Note phones. From there they went downhill, trying to chase Apple in a spiral of descent into mediocrity.

Planet Computers Gemini. I used this on AT&T for about 10 months. Then an update to my work's email software caused it to no longer work for work. I was fed up with AT&T and needed new devices for 2 of the family of 4, so it was a good point to switch again.

LG V35 ThinQ. At the time when I switched to Google Fi they still required the purchase of Fi enabled devices. They had a special going where they were offering $300 off of service for buying an $800 phone. I bought 4 for our 4 lines thinking I was going to get $1200 off. Read the fine print folks - apparently somewhere on page 10 of the fine print the offer was only good for one device per purchase. Because I did it all in a single purchase three of the 4 were ineligible for the offer. If I had made 4 credit card transactions to buy each one separate I would have been much better off. Lesson learned. I had all four phones activated and lines moved over and saved data transferred to the new phones inside of 2 evenings at about an hour and a half per phone. The billing has always been exactly as expected - no hidden charges, fees or 'accidental' charges. Google Fi has been the best carrier I have ever used. Since then Google Fi has opened up quite a lot and now allows a bring your own phone policy.

I used the LG V35 ThinQ for about a year and a half. Missed the stylus. Missed the keyboard. I was able to put Google Fi data only SIMs in both my Planet Computers Gemini and my old Galaxy Note 12.2 tablet. Over the three devices I was able to do things with stylus or keyboard or have a waterproof device to carry with me daily. Not an ideal solution, but not so bad. Two of the four LG V35 ThinQ phones now have broken headphone jacks.

Planet Computers Cosmo. When I received this Friday of last week I shut down the LG V35 ThinQ, pulled the SIM from it and loaded the SIM and a 400GB Sandisk card into the Cosmo. It worked - I was able to make calls, send and receive SMS, see the data card - I thought I was off and running. Then I installed a big stack of applications - and found out several hours later that I could no longer send SMS messages. It turned out that the Google Fi app that is used to track data usage over my devices had somehow got in the way of SMS sends. Figuring that out took four hard resets. But, other than that, the device is working well on Google Fi. Hopefully this will be my in-pocket go everywhere device for a few years. I can touch type on the keyboard - barely, but I've gotten used to it on the Gemini - which set me up for using the Cosmo right out of the box. Drawback? It's big, it's heavy. Big enough to print through a front pants pocket. Heavy enough that wearing a belt is mandatory if you're going to carry it in a front pants pocket. But, this thing is awesome. It is a dual display clam shell phone with a touch type keyboard. How awesome is that?

I'm still looking forward to getting my Pyra. I will be putting a Google Fi data SIM in it and using it as a portable connected computer and game console. At least for now, though, my 'phone' based connectivity is well covered by the Cosmo. Hopefully we will all have our Pyras soon.

Funny, my phone was 7 years old when I pre-pre-ordered my Pyra, and I kept using that phone up until last year when I replaced it with a Nokia branded (but not really) 8110 4G phone, which I'm still using. Mind you, the computer I'm typing this on is older than either now I think, although I can't find the purchase receipt presently to confirm, but the model came out over ten years ago now, and I think I bought it pretty much as soon as it was available back in the day.

If you are to receive your Pyra before Christmas i would imagine it would need to be posted soon, let us know if you get a posted notice.Don’t forget an unboxing video.:)

If you are to receive your Pyra before Christmas i would imagine it would need to be posted soon, let us know if you get a posted notice.Don’t forget an unboxing video.:)
Nothing yet. When it ships it should be here in 1-2 days.

I am not a youtuber, not set up for video. I do plan to take some nice pictures and report back on stuff as I try different things with it.

Back