Preorders Have Started. (Previously named starts in two hours)

The 15th 24 hours of pre-orders is now up.

It seems we got :

350 Pre-orders the first 24 hours (350)
79 Pre-orders in the second 24 hours. (429)
49 Pre-orders in the third 24 hours (478) (Some double up Pre-orders were removed though)
29 Pre-orders in the fourth 24 hours (507)
18 Pre-orders in the fifth 24 hours (525)
26 Pre-orders in the sixth 24 hours (551)
12 Pre-orders in the seventh 24 hours (563)
10 Pre-orders in the eight 24 hours (573)
17 Pre-orders in the ninth 24 hours (590)
11 Pre-orders in the tenth 24 hours (601)
9 Pre-orders in the eleventh 24 hours (610) - Note , the number would have been higher, however a number of duplicate orders were removed.
11 Pre-orders in the 12th 24 hours (621)
8 Pre-orders in the 13th 24 hours (629)
16 Pre-orders in the 14th 24 hours (645)
10 Pre-orders in the 15th 24 hours (655)

Note: Daily figures also include converted Pre Pre-orders. As such , actual new pre-orders would be a little less than quoted figures.

What s the meaning of the unclaimed 65 pre preorders? Will the first batch of 1000 start if we reach 750 including those 65 or without them?
It means we haven't paid the difference between the prepreorder price and the preorder price of the model we want. As for how ED plans to deal with us, no clue. He said our number was safe, although I don't know what that means if we don't pay for the preorder soon (I sent him a PM to him related to this subject). I thought the idea was the same, you don't have to pay the rest until it is ready to ship, but not sure how to tell him in a way that wouldn't require faith and trust by him in us. Maybe he will just hold onto the SN sticker for us.
[doublepost=1463352158,1463352037][/doublepost]Oh, didn't ED increase the required number of preorders required for a 1000 unit first batch from 750 to 880 or something?

Like I said (I just went to find it). I guess I tried to grab a number somewhere in the middle.

Thanks for the link

So whats this about a new touch screen. What does the new touch screen offer that's an improvement over the current touchscreen?. Is it just the flyscreen effect thing?

So at the current rate of sales we might reach the lower end of that range in twenty days. Thus, roughly the second week of June.

I don't know where I read it, but didn't part delivery take roughly 8 weeks? I hope I remember that wrong, otherwise parts would arrive early august at best. Holiday period, setup production, Testing, Production, Assembly, Testing, Fix problems, and shipping,... It's going to be quite a wait again guys.

What does the new touch screen offer that's an improvement over the current touchscreen?. Is it just the flyscreen effect thing?

I believe the current one was grainy. Naturally, the expected fix didn't work.

So the simple replacement of the touch layer did not fix the grainyness as ED hoped?

So the simple replacement of the touch layer did not fix the grainyness as ED hoped?
We haven't heard back yet on the replacement touch screen yet, as far as I know. The "expected fix" I think Caine is talking about is the direct bonding.

So at the current rate of sales we might reach the lower end of that range in twenty days. Thus, roughly the second week of June.

I don't know where I read it, but didn't part delivery take roughly 8 weeks? I hope I remember that wrong, otherwise parts would arrive early august at best. Holiday period, setup production, Testing, Production, Assembly, Testing, Fix problems, and shipping,... It's going to be quite a wait again guys.
I seem to recall that the closest ED gave to a timeframe for delivery was something along the lines of "hopefully by the end of the year". That seems to have gotten lost in all the excitement of the pre-order process though.

-Neelix

We haven't heard back yet on the replacement touch screen yet, as far as I know. The "expected fix" I think Caine is talking about is the direct bonding.

Indeed. I am having a hard time tracking where which information was posted lately. It seems it is all over the place. Anyway, this thread provides the info I was referring to:

https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/display-graining-solved.77391/

Oh I see, thanks for the info and links .

In regards to timing , the only thing from memory I recall hearing from ED, was that the parts had a 2 month lead time from order to delivery. Could be wrong. Of course that doesn't include everything else that needs to be done.

It would be nice to get a next steps list of things that need to be done, perhaps with lead times where appropriate. That way, at least people know what the next steps are.

Last edited:
vcoleiro1: There were two pre-orders right after midnight, your number is off. Only 8 from the last day, though today already started good with 4 orders in the first 2:40 hours. :)

Edit: 3:40, make that five. :)

Edit 2: There were also two cancellations yesterday.

Last edited:
Ed could probably order long lead time parts. Since he said that orders get served in order and that one batch can lead into the next, there is no practical reason why the pre-order system should close before production outpaces waiting orders. No reason not to allow reservations 800-1500 while 1-1000 are being built.

Remember that after the first batch of 1000 (to fulfill the first ~950ish preorders) there could be a long wait for the second batch, because of lead time on more LCDs and since there probably won't be funds to order those ahead of time. So, make sure you're in the first 950!

Remember that after the first batch of 1000 (to fulfill the first ~950ish preorders) there could be a long wait for the second batch, because of lead time on more LCDs and since there probably won't be funds to order those ahead of time. So, make sure you're in the first 950!

Yup - already made sure I'm in - but I'm not sure if I'm included in the above counts.

Not that it makes that much difference in the overall count, but are the 8 prototype purchasers included in the counts?

Back