Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

New Build on the repo.

This one include JIT for ARM. I tested with some "top" peeking, and I can clearly see the CPU is not the bottleneck anymore (it was before). With Puzzle Bubble, CPU is used at less that 50%. But the games is still far from fullspeed. There is another bottleneck elsewhere, probably the GPU. Sound seems to have almost no impact on perf...

It would be interesting to have PuzzleBubble tested on a GigaPandora (I "only" have a rebirth) to see if it's speed is good...

v0.5.0.03

-----------

• Compiled to test the merge of the Pandora config on git repo (again)
  • JIT for ARM is include and working.

I own Dissidia 012, Dantes Inferno and Star Wars Battlefront.

If the emulator will be better I might buy more.

Give me Dissidia 012 and I'm happy.

Ok, so who is going to optimize the gles renderer? ;)

This could be really a problem for the Pandora though, as newer smartphones seem to be the target for this emu and have much faster gpus.

Would like to know how this runs on a s3 for example or on Exophases Chromebook.

Wasnt there a MHZ Clock Problem with Omap?

I renember dark that i readed that the SGX is clocked with itselfs half Power on MHZ.

Or is that Problem too old and is solved?

Ah, yes, it's much smoother than on my Rebirth overclecked at 1GHz... So now the GPU is the limiting factor...
This is a game that may use extremely little CPU. It's important to keep everyone reminded of this, so they don't think that it'll be the case for games on average.

Now I'm never one to assume that CPU utilization is very low just because a game is extremely simple and utilization could be very low. Developers find creative ways to waste CPU power on nothing. But Puzzle Bobble has looked practically the same for a really long time now, I doubt Taito is redoing the source every time.

And although no one is saying it, I just want to make it extra clear that showing that a bottleneck has shifted to GPU for some games doesn't mean that the CPU emulation is full speed.

Wasnt there a MHZ Clock Problem with Omap?

I renember dark that i readed that the SGX is clocked with itselfs half Power on MHZ.

Or is that Problem too old and is solved?
This problem was only with the first firmware for the cc Pandoras and clocked the sgx at 55 instead of 110 mhz.

It was resolved almost instantly.

The GHz Pandoras have a newer sgx clocked at 200 mhz by default.

This problem was only with the first firmware for the cc Pandoras and clocked the sgx at 55 instead of 110 mhz.

It was resolved almost instantly.

The GHz Pandoras have a newer sgx clocked at 200 mhz by default.
Thats was what i renembered,thx for Information.

Here the Next Video but without Ingame Music.

Its more Combatible,i can play more Time without Emulator Crash,but still little buggy ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1ibWS8ez-5I?feature=oembed
Note that i changed the Sound,but Youtoube need a while for updating with the Youtube Sound :p

Yes, much better indeed. But this one is known for "not so good" compatibility in the Compatibility List. It's seems that some FF are now playing ok. I haven't tested.

I'll try a more intense game, like Ridge Racer 2, and follow CPU % in terminal, to see if the CPU still lags in some scenarios.

Is the jit compiler in the normal android 0.5 version, too? On android it runs as fast as in ingos video on the galaxy s3.

Nope, the official v0.5 as no JIT on ARM, only development build has JIT. But the S3 is much more powerful than the Pandora, especially the GPU (there is not multi-thread yet on PPSSPP, so 4 cores are not an advantage for now).

Ironically you can already play Tales of Eternia fullspeed on PSX as "Tales of Destiny 2" (and a version of Puzzle Bobble too).

Ironically you can already play Tales of Eternia fullspeed on PSX as "Tales of Destiny 2" (and a version of Puzzle Bobble too).
True.... though the cut the skits in the US release... how could they've done that...

New release on the repo !

In sync with the official 0.6.0 release, and painted to the color of the Dragon Box Coding Competition.

Plenty of options in setup to play with, but still no full speed.

Build 04

-----------

• In sync with v0.6.0
  • Official entry to DragonBox Coding Competition

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any speed improvements, yet ? (Sorry I do not have time to try it at this stage so I prefer asking questions to those who have had the chance to try it)

Back