Post Your Handheld Collections!!

Well since I was on here last I have splashed out on a few things.

I now have a pink DS lite (which I am decorating with loads of hello kitty stickers)
I got the FF7: Crisis Core PSP slim and light bundle
and I got a 20 in 1 mega drive handheld games machine.

I am now thinking of getting a red DS lite :blink:

The Cool Boy:

800px-Coolboy-vorne.JPG

765px-Coolboy-hinten.JPG

It's the same as the 2PG but smaller and with really bad controls.

I have a
ds
gameboy
gameboy color(2)
gameboy advance
gamecube
wii
ps2
ps3
portable tetris thing
soon a :pandora1:

might as well post my collection, no photos though.
Sega game gear, Game boy pocket (red) game boy color (yellow/blue pokemon edition) Neo Geo pocket, GBA, GBA sp, DS fat (broken top screen), DS lite (wobbly hinge).
now that i think about it, the ds is the only nintendo platform i have ever had any problems with.

My first handheld...

tennisdz8.jpg

I found it this summer in a box with a bunch of old things. I remember the score rolls over back to 0 when you hit 999 :mellow: I'm surprised it still works perfectly well. I didn't check if it still keeps good time, it's got a pretty loud speaker, great for an alarm clock :D

TwoHeadedBoy said:
The back of the Cool Boy looks like a reversed NeoGeo Pocket of sorts, a bit. And them LCD things're great, they never die.
kinda, except the neo geo pocket goes in, while that appears to go out.
you got optical illusion-ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's refresh my memory time, so not only do you get yet another list of my consoles + handhelds, you get a list of ones i'm looking to buy as well. :p

Ones i've got:

1x WII
1x PS3
1x Dreamcast
1x PS1
1x C64 (doesn't fit but i'm adding it anyway :p)
1x PSP
1x DS
1x GP2X F-100
1x Ultra 8-bit Famiclone
2x Gamegear (1x grey 1x Coca-Cola branded)
2x Wonderswan Color (1x FF1 bundle 1x FF2 bundle)
1x Neogeo Pocket (pearl white harvester edition)
1x Neogeo Pocket Color
1x GB Micro (Famicom 20th anniversary edition)

Ones I want:

Wonderswan (Tare Panda No Gunpei bundle)
GB Micro (FF4 bundle)
Gamegear (White bundle)
Pandora

EDIT: Forgot about the Pandora. :rolleyes:

waffles said:
TwoHeadedBoy said:
The back of the Cool Boy looks like a reversed NeoGeo Pocket of sorts, a bit. And them LCD things're great, they never die.

Yep, that's why I said "reversed", silly :p
Takes more than mere optical illusions to catch me out. I know a hologram when I see one.

SatanClaus said:
They actually don't look reversed or something.

800px-Coolboy_und_NGPC_von_hinten.jpg

bigger picture

I could swear that looks different to my NGPC :/

Anyway, I'd say it looks more like the back of a GP2x.

TwoHeadedBoy said:
waffles said:
TwoHeadedBoy said:

Yep, that's why I said "reversed", silly :p
Takes more than mere optical illusions to catch me out. I know a hologram when I see one.

gah, i need to read moar.
my bad.

Just got a crystal black Wonderswan color with two strange B&W games off ebay for £11.41p (ones Bluffers evolution the other is some odd thing with a crow)

Now can anyone recommend some decent games to get for it? (apart from the Gunpey which I must get).

Odd thing with a crow? Elaborate on that? I like crows. WonderSwan games, the two I can recommend are hard to come by, and probably really expensive as they are WonderWitch thingies. One of them is Dicing Knight, an arcade dungeon-crawling sort of thing, and Judgement Silversword, a super-duper shootmuppy-type thing. Other than that, there's some good versions of Golden Axe and Ghosts 'N Goblins on it.

Now, regarding this Cool Boy/Neo Geo Pocket thing:
The Cool Boy has the raised bit in the middle, while the Neo Geo Pocket has the raised bits on the sides. Hence, "reversed". Admittedly, I'd forgotten about the cartridge slot (serves me right for just using Flash carts all the time), but those side bits are more raised than that bit. Right?

Plus, I didn't have my Neo Geo at hand when I made the original observation. It may be blown slightly out of proportion right now, though.

My new collection. Actually I have a total of 4 GBOs, but there is a plan in place.

4 GBOs
1 GBP
1 GBA
1 GB Micro
1 NGage QD
1 DS Lite
1 PSP Slim

RyokoSparda said:
Just got a crystal black Wonderswan color with two strange B&W games off ebay for £11.41p (ones Bluffers evolution the other is some odd thing with a crow)

Now can anyone recommend some decent games to get for it? (apart from the Gunpey which I must get).
There are some great games for the Wonderswan color. Here is names of the ones that I have.
Digimon Battle Spirit
Digimon: Zero Two
Digimon Battle Spirit 1.5
Battle Spirit: Digimon Tamers
Digimon: Veedraman Version
Guilty Gear Petite 1
Guilty Gear Petite 2
Puyo Puyo 2
Bust-A-Move
Klonoa: Moonlight Museum
One Piece Swan Colosseum
Lime Rider Keroikan
SD Gundam Operation UC
Pocket Fighter
Gundam Seed
Buffers Evolution

There are some Final Fantasy games out for it but they are in Japanese. The games above do not require knowledge of Japanese to play. Klonoa, both Guilty Gears, and One Piece are my favorites. The Gundam Seed helps if you knew Japanese just to get the story and what is going on, but if you have seen the movie then you can follow it. Good little shoot'em up.

Here are a few others that I don't have but should be very playable.
Crazy Climber, Magical Drop, Mr. Driller, or Rockman/Megaman.

Back