Post Your Handheld Collections!!

jimid2 said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
chaos engineer said:
there is a double page article about jimid2's handheld collection. Write an email to the editor. your collection definitely qualifies for this section of the retro gamer magazine.
Ooh, really? What issue is Jimid's collection in? I don't read the magazine so I know very little about it.

Hi guys,

It's true, our handhelds collection is in issue 45 of Retro Gamer! I'm pretty excited about it, but I haven't even seen it, as no copies of the mag have made it across the Atlantic to us yet. This is what the cover looks like:

RG_045.jpg

You should read the mag DCG! It's an excellent periodical - chock full of cool articles for aging video heads like us! Pick up a copy and read all about it! :lol:

On a completely unrelated note @ dcgamer: what's the packaged Game Boy Light model beside the Game King II in your collection pic? Looks interesting... strange packaging...

lol aging :lol: :blink:

The GBL next to the gameking is a Famitsu magazine model. Apparently, only 500 were made. I've only seen it twice on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
jimid2 said:
chaos engineer said:
there is a double page article about jimid2's handheld collection. Write an email to the editor. your collection definitely qualifies for this section of the retro gamer magazine.
Ooh, really? What issue is Jimid's collection in? I don't read the magazine so I know very little about it.

Hi guys,

It's true, our handhelds collection is in issue 45 of Retro Gamer! I'm pretty excited about it, but I haven't even seen it, as no copies of the mag have made it across the Atlantic to us yet. This is what the cover looks like:

RG_045.jpg

You should read the mag DCG! It's an excellent periodical - chock full of cool articles for aging video heads like us! Pick up a copy and read all about it! :lol:

On a completely unrelated note @ dcgamer: what's the packaged Game Boy Light model beside the Game King II in your collection pic? Looks interesting... strange packaging...

Can someone scan it for Jim? Unfortunately, I do not have a scanner.

Thanks. I actually remember reading about them when they were released.

Sadly, with the same form factor, a TI-83+ has a better game library from what I could gather.

From that picture, it looks like the GP2X is roughly the size of a GBC turned on its side. Is that right?

oh man. im sooooooo broke but it finally happened. I finally got a follow-up from one of the japanese sellers i've put the request out to over 2 months ago: the yellow clear GB Light. The one that has eluded me for ages....it's.....finally mine!!

WOOT. COLLECTION OF IMPORT GAME BOY LIGHTS IS COMPLETE!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

chaos engineer said:
what do you mean by collection of import gameboy lights?

(I got a silver and a gold one, both boxed and absolutely free of scratches).
Hmm yeah, I forgot the gold and silver were Japan only as well. Still, they're incredibly easy to find on ebay, so when I get some more funds I'll pick them up as well.

I have all the rare imports:

Tezuka Osamu Astro Boy red
Tezuka Osamu Astro Boy clear
Famitsu rockin jelly bean
pikachu nintendo world shop yellow
clear yellow toysrus exclusive

chaos engineer said:
what do you mean by collection of import gameboy lights?

(I got a silver and a gold one, both boxed and absolutely free of scratches).
Hmm yeah, I forgot the gold and silver were Japan only as well. Still, they're incredibly easy to find on ebay, so when I get some more funds I'll pick them up as well.

I have all the rare imports:

Tezuka Osamu Astro Boy red
Tezuka Osamu Astro Boy clear
Famitsu rockin jelly bean
pikachu nintendo world shop yellow
clear yellow toysrus exclusive

Very, very cool... I've actually been toying with the idea of picking up a couple more Game Boy Lights - there are so many great games for the system and the one we have sees a good bit of use... The special editions for this particular model are really very nice, over all... congrats CGM! :)

Look what I just found tucked away in an old bag:

rarepu3.jpg
rarebackak0.jpg

I remember playing the hell out of it when I was 11-12. Besides the repetitive tetris and boring 'racing' game it has a surprisingly complex top-down tanks game which I must've played more than any other game at the time. Unfortunately it doesn't power on because the battery contacts are rusted (I hope that's why!), but I'll have a go at restoring it to its former glory. Also note how it's a limited edition Star Wars Edition with battery-cover upgrade; you may want to start placing your bids DCGM :p

Heh, indeed it is :D. Does anyone know which Pokemon game this one is? I think it's blue/red or something, because it was made for the original Game boy...

@Alex: I got the same one in black :p. I haven't seen it in AGES though. It might be in this blue/green box I used when I was in second grade (now used for storage of random crap). I should try to find it though, as it belongs with the rest of my handhelds.

Make sure to keep Pikachu happy! You can try and give it Antidotes over and over, even if it's not poisoned and it will keep making him happier but won't use up any items :D. I think Yellow is a bit better than Green/Red, but that's because you can get a really strong team easily since Pikachu, Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur are all available to you.

Back