Post Your Handheld Collections!!

Alghazanth said:
I don't have much. Except :gp2x I have a gbc and a gameboy advance at the moment ; which i will probably never use anymore. I used to have a game gear but it was badly broken and have no idea where it is
Okee-dokee... I don't know if this qualifies as a "collection" though... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a few handhelds.. somehow I'm really bad at collecting things. Here's a list:

Gameboy (original) - Went through about three of these, they all stopped working for one reason or another.
Gameboy Color - Loaned to someone and never saw again.
Gameboy Advance - Modded with afterburner, I think my mom still uses it to play Dr Mario sometimes. The dpad is pretty worn out.
Nintendo DS - Someone broke into my house and stole it. They left the GP2X and PSP alone for some reason.
Atari Lynx - Original model. Still have it somewhere in my old house, but it's missing the battery cover.
Gamegear - Sold it.
Virtualboy - Gave it to a friend.
GP2X - Have it with me. Jr2swiss donated this to me. Broken SD slot unfortunately.
PSP - Have it. Screen is very scratched up (could be replaced I guess), home/start buttons are crossed with each other.
Dell Axim x50v - Have it. Got this to dev for PocketPCs and haven't (yet anyway)
Game & Watch: Zelda - I think it's at my old house somewhere, missing battery cover, front plate coming off, wonder if it still works..
Game & Watch: Mario - Mario's Box Factory or something weird like that... I lost it many many years ago :/

daclassicgamingmaster said:
I've finally won a Gamate!! For CHEAP!!!! :D :D
DCGM ~ you gotta post some pics when it arrives... Did you get the one that closed a few days back at ~$31? I forgot to go back and bid on that, myself... ;)

jimid2 said:
I've finally won a Gamate!! For CHEAP!!!! :D :D
DCGM ~ you gotta post some pics when it arrives... Did you get the one that closed a few days back at ~$31? I forgot to go back and bid on that, myself... ;)

hehe yup! I threw in a monster bid expecting it to climb above the $70 mark and I wanted to be safe. I couldn't believe how low it ended for. Even comes with a game! :D

MINT CONDITION BABY!!

The guy still had the plastic wrap on the screen so there isn't a single scratch! :D :D

IMG_0863.jpg

WOOT

MINT CONDITION BABY!!
The guy still had the plastic wrap on the screen so there isn't a single scratch! :D :D

IMG_0863.jpg

WOOT

That's sweet! I'm glad I didn't get in on it and jack up the price on ya... I'll watch for your ebay ID and stay off those auctions in the future...

...so now you have one, you'll leave the next one for me, right ;)

jimid2 said:
MINT CONDITION BABY!!

>snip<

WOOT

That's sweet! I'm glad I didn't get in on it and jack up the price on ya... I'll watch for your ebay ID and stay off those auctions in the future...

...so now you have one, you'll leave the next one for me, right ;)

I appreciate that. There's no reason for me to buy another one unless it's a rare colored one :p.

I'll keep and eye open though, and PM you when I see one listed :)

My turn yesterday - I grabbed a game.com Pocket Pro for $15.50! and it's Brand New in the original packaging! and it's the BACKLIT VERSION WOOT! I've been watching to find one of these cheap for a while, so I'm feelin' pretty good about this... Can't wait for it to arrive in the mail!! ;)

jimid2 said:
My turn yesterday - I grabbed a game.com Pocket Pro for $15.50! and it's Brand New in the original packaging! and it's the BACKLIT VERSION WOOT! I've been watching to find one of these cheap for a while, so I'm feelin' pretty good about this... Can't wait for it to arrive in the mail!! ;)

BLAH! Been looking for one of them for ages! One of those beautiful green ones, yes? Good for you, I'm not going to get bitter here.

jimid2 said:
Finally, some new pics of my collection (I know you've all been waiting with baited breath) :lol: ~

First, here's how the display unit looks now:

case_full.jpg
And here's the complete collection to date:

handhelds.jpg

Note that where there's a box, there is a system in the box that's basically new/mint - I was too lazy to pull them out of their boxes for the pics...

So from the top left and flowing down in semi-logical columns : MIB Atari Lynx I, MIB Bandai Wonderswan (Pearl White), MIB Bandai Swancrystal (Violet), Wonderswan, Bandai Wonderswan Color, Swancrystal (#2), SNK NeoGeo Pocket Color version 1 (crystal), SNK NeoGeo Pocket Color version 1 (silver), SNK NeoGeo Pocket (blue camo), SNK NeoGeo Pocket Color version 2 (metalic blue), (btt) MIB Tiger R-Zone, NEC TurboExpress, Game Park Holdings GP2X, original Nintendo Game Boy (x3), Game Boy Pocket (black), Game Boy Light (silver), Pokemon Edition Game Boy Color (x2), Game King I, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo Game Boy Micro (x2), Game Boy Advance SP (x4), Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite (x3), (btt) Milton Bradley Microvision, Nintendo Game & Watch Donkey Kong Hockey, Atari Lynx I (#2), Atari Lynx II (x2), Sega Nomad, Sega Game Gear (x2), Tiger game.com, Tiger R-Zone, Sony PSP (x2), Quickshot Supervision and a Watara Supervision...

:blink: whew! :D

congratulations for your entry in the collector's corner of the latest issue of Retro Gamer. This was really a nice read. However, is a pity that they did not print the pictures you have posted in this thread. Are you Jim or Martin?

Edit: hmm it is somehow quite obvious that you are jim

Retro Gamer? Where was that mentioned? :blink:

Put me in the magazine too :p
there is a double page article about jimid2's handheld collection. Write an email to the editor. your collection definitely qualifies for this section of the retro gamer magazine.

chaos engineer said:

there is a double page article about jimid2's handheld collection. Write an email to the editor. your collection definitely qualifies for this section of the retro gamer magazine.

Ooh, really? What issue is Jimid's collection in? I don't read the magazine so I know very little about it.

I'll heed your advice though. Thanks :)

chaos engineer said:

Ooh, really? What issue is Jimid's collection in? I don't read the magazine so I know very little about it.

I'll heed your advice though. Thanks :)

Dude, your collection would definitely get in the mag - the forum is here: http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/

Some of the writers of ther mag moderate the forum, so you could start off there. I have all the issues - will check for Jimid's collection (i remember seeing it) - you can buy the first 30 issues of Retro Gamer in .pdf format from the publisher (Imagine Publishing) - i did!! It costs stg£19.99 which is not bad considering the first few issues go for more than this on ebay ..

It would be great to see your collection in the mag, good luck with this.

Thanks, I'll definitely try it out. I have to take everything out of its case for an updated snapshot.

I look back at the first page and laugh. I probably near tripled what I had nearly 2 years ago :blink:

I also lol'd at my remark about my collection being near complete ;)

Well I did the deed: I took everything out of its case and took an updated picture. I left the rare imports and other boxed handhelds in their original box, with the exception of the PC Engine LT. Took me about an hour ;)

IMG_0865.jpg

From the top:

IMG_0866.jpg

Well I wont be doing this again for another 2 years ;)

chaos engineer said:

Hi guys,

It's true, our handhelds collection is in issue 45 of Retro Gamer! I'm pretty excited about it, but I haven't even seen it, as no copies of the mag have made it across the Atlantic to us yet. This is what the cover looks like:

RG_045.jpg

You should read the mag DCG! It's an excellent periodical - chock full of cool articles for aging video heads like us! Pick up a copy and read all about it! :lol:

On a completely unrelated note @ dcgamer: what's the packaged Game Boy Light model beside the Game King II in your collection pic? Looks interesting... strange packaging...

Back