Post Your Handheld Collections!!

Well, I've been thinking of posting my collection for a while... but everything was in boxes under the stairs... and then my son and I got talking about having a display case for all our handhelds, and my wife overheard us... but we didn't have any money... so we bought an old beat-up, piece of junky office furniture, and after some paint we have this:

empty_case.jpg

case_top.jpg

case_bottom.jpg

Sorry the pics are so shyte... The blue around the front is much brighter than it shows here; in fact, all the colours are brighter than they seem in the pictures... Anyway, my wife painted the characters, and my son and daughter both helped a lot with the painting... :)

Now, we've just got to get the systems into it... We recently picked up a Microvision and a Game King, so our collection is looking pretty comprehensive... I'd like to add a few more bits but the rest of the family says we go with what we've got and we'll add more later... I've been writing one page briefs about each system so we can have a sort of "handheld museum" thing going (it's educational! really!! ;) ) I'll try get pics of the collection we put on display up tomorrow or Sunday, if we can find some time to organize everything and create the displays (we're also building a pool deck this weekend)...

Wow! That is a great idea that looks like it has turned out quite well. :)
I might have to do the same. I have begun to start a small web site with some little reviews on my handheld collection. It is a lot of work, that I have found out. I don't have a lot of time so it is coming along slower than I expected. :(

"Pocket Arcade" my website.

That looks fantastic! Sometimes what you build is infinitely better than what you can buy :D

On a side note, may I ask where you got the Game King? I've been having trouble getting on to add to my own collection :(

daclassicgamingmaster said:
On a side note, may I ask where you got the Game King? I've been having trouble getting on to add to my own collection :(
You're a bit late sadly, Success HK had them with a complete set of games for something like $60 until recently. Recently 3 popped up on the UK eBay, but they aren't that common to see.

That display case does look very nice :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap! Well, I've contacted them, maybe I can get something else I'm looking for.

Thanks for the site.
Try to PM Jr2swiss and see if he has any left. That is where I got mine. They are a great little item to have in your collection.

Well, after framing the pool deck and staining it all we took a break to swim, eat steaks, and stick handhelds in the new cabinet!

case_full1.jpg

Here are some close ups of some of the shelves:

microvision.jpg

gameboys.jpg

lynxes.jpg

sega.jpg

turboexpress.jpg

The shelves with the GP2X, PSP, DS and DS Lite, Game King, game.com, Wonderswan and Neo Geo Pockets are still being worked on - we've got to get our Nintendo Game & Watch, Tiger R-Zone and Quickshot Supervision in there too! Too little time in a day to do it all, though...

The boxes at the bottom will hold periferals, AC adapters, a few of the smaller extra systems (we have two more Lynxes, probably a dozen other gameboys of various generations, another PSP, three more DSs, etc. etc.), loose games and whatnot... There will be a white, four-shelf, melamine bookshelf beside it eventually to hold all of the boxed/complete games for all the systems displayed (we're currently at 85 PSP UMD games, for example). Also, I want to get a bunch of NiMH AA rechargeables to keep around that corner so that people can try the various systems when they want without me having to scramble around to find the batteries... :)

We got our Game King I with 10 games in all the packaging off of Ebay for $24 + shipping... It was a lucky day. :)

Wow, I didn't realise how big that was until you posted the photos with the consoles on :D.

Very nice!

Also: :blink: @ 85 PSP games. Some are japanese, right?
Thanks DCGG... Actually, of the 85 PSP games we own, only two are imports - the Taito Legends Power-up collection and Sengoku Ace Episode 3. Everything else is a domestic release...

Orkie said:
Wow, I didn't realise how big that was until you posted the photos with the consoles on :D.
Ya, this thing is huge! - in fact, we had to reassemble it down in the basement after painting it. We had originally tried to get it downstairs in one piece, but it wouldn't fit down a stairway that was big enough for a 57" Widescreen CRT projection television! Now that it's set up down there, we can never move!! :lol:

My newest addition has finally arrived from England!:

IMG_0842.jpg

Quickshot Supervision, 10 games, and carrying case (not in pic)

Still on the lookout for a Microvision. That's the only handheld that I keep passing up, for some reason :huh:

My newest addition has finally arrived from England!:

Quickshot Supervision, 10 games, and carrying case (not in pic)

Still on the lookout for a Microvision. That's the only handheld that I keep passing up, for some reason :huh:
Cool! I've got a Supervision, but I've only got two games for it... It's a big thing, and LOUD! I'm always turning down the volume on that thing... I'd like to find some more games for mine one day...

A Microvision! you NEED a Microvision, DCGM!! ;)

That's odd, looks like my picture link died for some reason :unsure:. Fixed it.

Yeah, I really do need a Microvision. I'm so broke now, though, that I'm trying to stay off of ebay until I get some funds.

Came home today to find two classic handhelds in my mailbox! One is a NeoGeo Pocket (not Color) in the blue camo finish just like daclassicgamingmaster's... I've got a couple NeoGeo Pocket Colors, and lots of games that can play on both systems, but I wanted one of the originals for my collection as well... I got this one from Japan for $14 shipped...

The other one was my very first Game Boy Light (Silver)! This system is so cool! It's like a Game Boy Pocket with an Indiglo screen!! I'm thrilled with it because it will be the perfect "on the bus" system - it's got a screen that's visible in bright daylight (light off) and at night! I've been kicking at Operation C on it most of the evening, and I'm going to go back and play all kinds of favorite Game Boy games on this little monster... :D

Good day! :)

I got another new addition to the collection today... or I did if one of these counts!

280px-Virtual_Boy_kit.jpg

I think it deserves a place in my handheld collection on a few counts. First, it was developed by Gunpey Yokoi, who developed the Nintendo Game & Watch, the Game Boy and the Wonderswan. Second, it runs on batteries and is "portable". Third, it has it's own display and speakers.

Oh ya, and it's really cool! :)

What do you guys think? Does it qualify for a "handheld" collection?

Received a brand new GameKing 2 with 14 separate, mint condition and complete games! Thanks to Orkie for the tip-off, and thanks to gp2xstore for the fantastic deal!

Too lazy to take pics though. It's a white unit ;)

Got another handheld on the way, hopefully the company I bought from is legit and it'll actually arrive :unsure:

I tied them all together and put them in my closet. cba to get them now, but the ones I tried were craptastic :p
Ya, Game King games can achieve all new levels of mediocrity... The Bomberman clone built into the thing (Miner?) is amazingly bad... :lol:

Back