What Are Your Views On "the Scene"?

same here.

best P2P on the mac: Poisoned.
no questions asked.
Tomato Torrent is my program of choice. Love the fact you can just hit F9 to see all those download statusbars that are usually hidden from view. I have heard of Poisoned and probably have the .dmg around here somewhere, so I'll give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else use warez for preview purposes to decide what to buy, or is it just me? :D

i do this all the time. i dont have money to waste on shit so i download albums and if theyre good ill eventually buy them
Same.
As I was saying.
Has anybody tried the P2P called WASTE.
It sounds kinda good, apparently it has strong encryption on it and is kinda like DC++ (which I have never tried).

completly OT but what bands?
Daniel Amos is one; I ordered "Imaginarium - songs from the the Neverhood" from them a week ago: http://www.danielamos.com/store/
Also Guitar Islancio (saw them in Reykjavik, immediately bought a CD), and various classical music soloists like Yeo Doug and David Childs (proof that the Euphonium can really sound beautiful ;) ).

But enough, I've probably creeped you all out by now. B)

Point is, none of these bands/artists are popular enough to not feel it when somebody steals their music, although they are actually a hell of a lot more talented than most of the icons that the media hypes up for us. I'd feel no qualms whatsoever about downloading a Paris Hilton song, for example (not that I'd ever want to :blink: , but I'm just saying), because I don't feel that she deserves the place that she has gotten in the world hierarchy, and the more I can do to undermine her in any small way the better. ;)

Paris Hilton makes music??!
I thought she makes po....

:blink:

she makes sweet music :p

my friend is a shit. :angry: he uses winMX and when sum1 is downloading music from his network he waits till it gets to 95% or something and cancels it. :angry: Fukin dick. people like that spoil it for the rest of us.

my friend is a shit. mad.gif he uses winMX and when sum1 is downloading music from his network he waits till it gets to 95% or something and cancels it. mad.gif Fukin dick. people like that spoil it for the rest of us.
Doesn't WinMX have multi-source downloads though? (I have never used it if you are wondering).

Got any counters?

I dabbled with exeem lite but it isn't even as good as torrentspy, I just don't see the point in dicing with adware and spyware-infested bullshit (especially when they said there was no spyware) to get something that is a mere shadow of suprnova's former self.

Ftps are infinitely better if you have good sources.
There are ftps with ratios or very few download slots, just as conversely there exist IRC channels with no queues and massive speeds. The difference is IRC channels are a lot easier to find and search, and don't disappear anything like as often.

Back