Post Your Handheld Collections!!

What im pissed of about was all those vmu compatibility things sega announced
like at arcades you could do loads of things in certain games if u put in your vmu
but i didnt find any machines with vmu slots

Would anyone with an immense collection like DCGM or SatanCalus take a photo of all the little machines running a game or something? It would be a fun and interesting shot to say the least :)

- Alex

Would anyone with an immense collection like DCGM or SatanCalus take a photo of all the little machines running a game or something? It would be a fun and interesting shot to say the least :)

- Alex

I would take a picture, but I'll need 96 batteries to get all of them running at the same time. And there is another issue: You'll can't see much even on those backlight handhelds. It's very difficult to take a picture of a gameboy classic display from 1-2m away.

Last edited by a moderator:
ya, I wouldnt mind doing it, but you would have to supply all the batteries :p

I have to take an updated pic like satanclaus did. Within the next few months though; I wanna add a few more before I take them all out of the cases and whatnot :D

Yeah they do turn up from time to time, but the price is usually quite high even without any bidders. Im waiting for a low starting bid, and perhaps the even rarer version of this, which is hand signed by miyamoto....I've seen about 2 of these pop up so far in the past 10 months and they run about $500 :eek:

- Alex

I would take a picture, but I'll need 96 batteries to get all of them running at the same time. And there is another issue: You'll can't see much even on those backlight handhelds. It's very difficult to take a picture of a gameboy classic display from 1-2m away.

Do a photoshopping collage. Just have all the systems placed somewhere, then, one by one, switch batteries to one, and take a picture of it running. Tripod helps. :p Then cut'n paste all of them to one picture. :D

here's 3 pictures of mine, some with games running others without. Didn't have enough batteries and i lost some ac adapters for others.

picture6911bw.jpg

And then there's

picture6926zb.jpg

And when they're on display

picture6934ze.jpg

When I move into a bigger house, im gonna pimp out my gaming rig like never before, speakers, hoefully a flat panel LCD, new cabinets to hold everything etc....Right now everything is in my closet in protective cases :lol:

Sega Gamegear
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance : SP
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite
GP32
GP2x

My new list.

EDIT: Scratch the DS off the list, I gave it to my sister.

Just picked up another handheld on ebay. It's not nearly as obscure as the special GB Lights I have, but it's not necessarily a game boy either.

It's fairly well-known among collectors, but as usual, everyone must wait until I post pics :p

i just added a boxed TI-99/4a to my collection yesterday, not a handheld, but still a nice piece of retro gaming machinery.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 2 2006 at 01:38 AM said:
Just picked up another handheld on ebay. It's not nearly as obscure as the special GB Lights I have, but it's not necessarily a game boy either.

It's fairly well-known among collectors, but as usual, everyone must wait until I post pics :p

whatever it is it still won't top my Supervision, nothing will muuahahaah, unless it is a Supervision itself.

ive added a few to my collection too.

A boxed atari lynx 2
A boxed turbo express
A brand new donkey kiong 3 game and watch
Found my old ngage
And just got a virtual boy wich im not sure if its classed as a handheld or not ?

Can anyone recommend any good virtual boy games ? i got that boxing game and mario tennis with it. I think I will try get wario land and mario clash. I was very impressed with the virtual boy, First time i ever seen one as im in the uk.

CABBAGES posted on Jul 3 2006 at 05:01 PM said:
ive added a few to my collection too.

A boxed atari lynx 2
A boxed turbo express
A brand new donkey kiong 3 game and watch
Found my old ngage
And just got a virtual boy wich im not sure if its classed as a handheld or not ?

Can anyone recommend any good virtual boy games ? i got that boxing game and mario tennis with it. I think I will try get wario land and mario clash. I was very impressed with the virtual boy, First time i ever seen one as im in the uk.
Wario Land is amazing. Dont forget to take a break every 15-20 min or you'll burn your eyes lol.

haha its ok my eyes are fucked anyway. What sort of price should i pay for a wario land ? boxed or unboxed im not too botherd i just want to try it. Im goin to go to gamestation tomorrow just incase they have any virtual boy games but i very much doubt they will.

Back