[Ported Game] Duke Nukem 3D - EDuke32

Yes. As any key seems not to include the end, home etc. buttons.

Will have a look at this when I get home from Austria.

Would the Mod "Duke Nukem Forever 2013" also work whit this duke3d pnd?? Just saw a lets Play Video from it..
Or only the Duke Nuken 3D??
I have the Duke Nuken 3d Game and its works great on my cc Pandora
But some mods would be extent the gameexperience

I know that some people tried to run mods but it didn't really work or had some problems.

When I find the time, I will have a look at what the best way is to run mods.

Got another project right now, but the source is available in the dragonboxcompo releasethread.

If someone wants to try, feel free to do so :)

Last edited by a moderator:
New version on the repo!

- build 5: Removed Multiplayer as it was very buggy
Added Mapster32 Mapeditor
Added Lunixbochs LibGL for experimental OpenGL support (expect crashes, glitches etc.)

Have fun!

Looks like it's time to make some duke maps in my spare time.. It'll be like 1996 all over again!

I found eduke32 multiplayer to be buggy even if compiled for the PC. I did get a three way deathmatch sort of working good between my three Pandora, every once and a while you would spontaneously die.. It was odd for sure.

There is bilinear filtering, yes. Colored/dynamic lighting does not work though.

You can also use the High Res Pack.

Just copy the Autoload folder from the sfx into the appdata directory.

You need a lot of RAM though and my CC Pandora crashes on loading without a swapfile and is slow if I enable swap.

So someone with a GHz or Rebirth Pandora would have to test.

Using models crashes the game on loading the level. No clue what happens there.

I cannot do anything about the opengl crashes etc. but if you report what is failing with logs, maybe lunixbochs can enhance his lib even more.

Interesting! Maybe it's time for me to try again and get WGR2: Siegebreaker to run ... allthough I expect it to just crash at a later time now ;)

Polymer renderer is enabled, so it should be real mouseview with the opengl option.

@Mcobit

FYI Mapster32 the default key to toggle between 2D and 3D mode is the number-pad Enter Key which the Pandora doesn't have..

You can change this within the mapster32.cfg..  the variable "key2dmode" controls this.. there are other keys assigned to number pad keys, but the 2D and 3D toggle is the most important.

I don't think this requires a whole new PND, but on next update it would be cool to have it changed to working keys.

It would be nice if you could provide me with a good cfg for the next update :)

@Mcobit

FYI Mapster32 the default key to toggle between 2D and 3D mode is the number-pad Enter Key which the Pandora doesn't have..

You can change this within the mapster32.cfg..  the variable "key2dmode" controls this.. there are other keys assigned to number pad keys, but the 2D and 3D toggle is the most important.

I don't think this requires a whole new PND, but on next update it would be cool to have it changed to working keys.
I spent some time in the past with the BUILD Editor of D3D, very nice Software, Mapster is basicly a clone with some improvements. Problem really is, that the entire PC Keyboard is bound to various different Editor functions and often double or triple, unbelievable that I've ever learned all these functions back then, not sure if I would know a single one today. :D But there was a good help-file for the Editor, back then when Internet was not standard.

And yes, the Numpad is mandatory for the Editor, so I guess it will not be pretty usable onto the Pandora.

@Mcobit

I spent some time in the past with the BUILD Editor of D3D, very nice Software, Mapster is basicly a clone with some improvements. Problem really is, that the entire PC Keyboard is bound to various different Editor functions and often double or triple, unbelievable that I've ever learned all these functions back then, not sure if I would know a single one today. :D But there was a good help-file for the Editor, back then when Internet was not standard.

And yes, the Numpad is mandatory for the Editor, so I guess it will not be pretty usable onto the Pandora.
I've done a ton of map building back in the day, mostly Blood levels as that was my favorite out of the bunch..I was amazed I could remember how to do things.. Quickly made a small map fairly easy on the Pandora once I got the 3D mode working.

Mapster32 which is the build editor on steroids does have some kind of setting for "Laptop Mode" in the cfg file for the lack of the numberpad.. I didn't have time to check it out thoroughly and need to figure out when that mode is set what keys does it actually set it to..

I am not that much in to map building so I don't know much about the editor.

As said, if you find a good config, I can include it into the next update.

Back