[Ported Game] Duke Nukem 3D - EDuke32

Ok, replaced the datafiles. Could somebody test again if he can connect to 141.2.136.157?

Ok, replaced the datafiles. Could somebody test again if he can connect to 141.2.136.157?
mmmmm Strange times.. It "connected" :)

Do you get the same problem where it takes multiple connects to actually join the game?

Right now it connects and jumps to the menu.. pressing ESC seems to drop back into a dead screen. sometimes I get a totally red screen.

but it works after a few reconnects.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the netcode is pretty broken by now.

I can use the latest version with the old, more stable netcode from 2009 and include it for multiplayer only, if you like.

Would this be an option and are there people who would like to play internet dukegames?

I will not do the extrawork, if people don't really want multiplayer.

Well, I would like to know wich version they are using for Multiplayer and if it works over the internet, too.

I don't have a lot of problems while playing over LAN.

What was shown on the gcw zero can already be done with the current version.

The biggest problem is the internetstability. And for this i think we need the older version as the newer netcode is known to be pretty unstable.

The server is still up and you can try to connect to it and play around a bit.

So I guess its good enough that you can spawn some multiplayer over lan.

If I get some time I might look at doing a build for stable netplay but I will take down the seever now as there doesn't seem to be much demand.

Are the Controlls on the Pandora Version fast enought, to beat the PC Players whit Keyboard and Mouse??

I have only experience whit the Singleplayer and cheats, but mybe its just a thing of training..

Duke3d mouse aiming isn't that good, it does a lot of auto leveling and auto aiming even on the PC, but I'd say PC players would still have some benefits in steering speed and accuracy..

I find the game really playable on the Pandora, although I generally stick with the D-Pad and buttons.

@TrashyMG:
Do you mean Duke Nukem 3D or Quake 3??
I normaly did map wasd on Dpad and mousemove on right nub so i can easyle play whit booth tumps jump and shood are lying on my Pandora on the shoulderbuttons

Quake 2 is also nice to play but i cant find a good Port for Quake 3 which is playable yet

Duke3d, my setup is seems a lot like yours, but I find I don't need to look up and down much.

Tnx a lot, love the game.

But doesnt Duke run a bit too fast? is it possible to make him run a bit slower ? :)

The game speed itself is fine, its just Duke himself that seems to be wearing rocket boots all the time, and when i disable running mode with shift, he doesnt slow down.

As stated in previous posts, you can adjust the joystick sensitivity to decrease the runningspeed.
Either in the configurationfile or in the ingamemenu.

The run speed on Mcobit's port seems to be the same as the original DOS version to me... 

A quick one mcobit. When changing levels I can't seem to use the Pandora joystick buttons as one of those "Press any key to continue". Nothing major but it is a little annoying.

Back