[Ported Game] Duke Nukem 3D - EDuke32

I am so low on time right now, but maybe I or someone else could come up with something.

Maybe that new lib from lunixbochs might help :)

The netcode is compiled in, so you should be able to start a networkgame.

Edit: But you are right, there seems to be no option in the game,enu itself. Let me search around a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.gog.com/forum/duke_nukem_series/network_play_with_gog_version

The second post aums it up:

You need to start the game with the -server commandlineargument.

This player is the host and can set the gameplayoptions on start.

The other players need to connect to the server by typing "connect " into the terminal.

I could make another launcher for eduke -server in the pnd.

Edit: had a look at how the client server thing works and I think I will write a little frontend for the Networkstuff for the players to give the server ip and join the game on gamestart.

Give me a bit of time though ;)

HRP only works with the opengl renderer.

Hope that lunixbochs libGL will support all functions for this sometime in the future but don't hold your breath right now.

New version on Repo!

You have 3 icons now:

Duke Nukem 3D - Singleplayer: Play the normal game

Duke Nukem 3D - Server: Start a multiplayerserver

Duke Nukem 3D - Client: Shows a window where you have to put the serverip you want to connect to

This works for a connection between my desktop PC and the Pandora I need someone to test with two Pandoras though.

If you want to play with a PC server or client you need this version of eduke32 as multiplayer between different versions doesn't work:

http://dukeworld.duke4.net/eduke32/synthesis/20130201-3453/

Let me know, if you experience any problems.

Edit: Just saw that I messed up the nubchange when starting the client.

New pnd soon...

Nubmodechange Fixed.

Update the pnd for some multiplayer duke action :)

I set up a dedicated server with the WAVELAND map on 141.2.136.157.

Please try to connect and tell me if it works :)

Will this server be up for a while? Can't test until I get home from work.

Is it active now ? Tried once and didn't work.

What do you use to make a duke nukem server on your pc ?

I couldn't connect to your server, but Pandora to Pandora works fine.. although a little flaky.. but no different than the issues I've had on the PC version of eduke32.. like random suicide and such.. I played on my First Batch CC and Rebirth at 600mhz without a hiccup.. Great Port!

There seems to be some problem with the datafiles. I will have a look at that today.

I can connect to the server and run around, but nobody else can. I don't have the atomic edition from gog, but have bought it and will install it on the server today and try again.

The server is started on a headless server I installed eduke on and run with dummy sdl videodriver and direct commandline start of the eduke server and level.

Back