Release [Port] Residual

If someone with more knowledge wants to try... then I am happy for them to do it.. but last time it was looked into there seemed to be some work in the background of the official project so it would be duplicating work.

The only advantages would be better frame rate, but the games are playable at the current rate.. only seems to get low when there's a lot of things going on..

and the ability to play Myst III (but that's only 25% complete).

Well I made an attempt at using libGL.

I got mixed results.

Grimm Fandango would just crash but can be set to software rendering.

MI4 did run smoother BUT was far glitchier than it should be currently.

I think I remember reading they use a lot of shaders tho so it may not be possible to use libgl.

and now some good News..

Myst III ran very well, although the screen was not centred.  Also Myst III is not completable. It's marked as "25% complete" on the official website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Myst looks nice :)

Remember to set the resolution to 800x480. If you're using LIBGL_FB=1, it forces fullscreen mode even if your resolution is wrong.

This is awesome

Just one question how can i use pandora key (buttonA B X Y and so on)in Grim Fandango :wacko:  

With the recent announcement of the Doublefine remake of Grim Fandango, does anyone have time to update this PND maybe with an unstable build to see if Escape from Monkey Island works better now?

Looks like I might as well bump this thread, now that the remastered game is out this week, does anyone have the time, skills and inclination to update this PND? Looks like the newest version would be a good upgrade from what I read anyway...

Wow, looks like it's come a long way since I last looked at it. Might have to dig out my EMI CDs

Do we have anyone will the necessary skills and interest to update this on the Pandora though?

Hi all :)

I managed to compile a recent git snapshot of ResidualVM yesterday night, with ptitSeb's Code::Blocks.

Will do some tests and report here ASAP.

Cheers, Magic Sam
Fingers crossed it all goes well!

Sorry for the late answer, I've been quite busy recently.

News are not good: my SD card got corrupted yesterday evening, I have to reinstall everything now...

I'll compile Residual again ASAP, but feel free to give it a try on your side, it's really easy to do with Code::Blocks.

Cheers, Magic Sam

[bUMP]

I re-compiled ResidualVM (0.3.0git) today, with support for Grim Fandango only (for now). I'll add Monkey Island 4 and Myst 3 later if this first test is conclusive.

Preliminary PND is here. (it lacks previews though)

That PND starts (at least on my Pandora) and seems to be using glshim (--force-opengles2 didn't work). ".residualvm" and ".residualvmrc" are also correctly created in appdata/residualvm-magicsam. I couldn't get ResidualVM to compile with tremor, so this build is using Vorbis.

As I lost the Grim Fandango demo files when my SD card got corrupted, I couldn't give ResidualVM much testing. I'm leaving that part to you guys ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam

[/bUMP]

Back