Release [Port] Residual

You might need to include eglport.

Dude I thought this was already done on the pandora port!! My GLES plugin isn't going to work if there's no EGL Context!

a few less errors

Code:
engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::drawShadowPlanes()’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:650: error: ISO C++ forbids variable length array ‘vertices’

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::drawModelFace(const Grim::MeshFace*, float*, float*, float*)’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:756: error: ISO C++ forbids variable length array ‘vert’

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:757: error: ISO C++ forbids variable length array ‘normal’

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:758: error: ISO C++ forbids variable length array ‘tex’

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: At global scope:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:91: warning: ‘Grim::fragSrc’ defined but not used

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:98: warning: ‘Grim::dimFragSrc’ defined but not used

make: *** [engines/grim/gfx_opengl.o] Error 1

Ok this is happening because you're using an older builder version you'll need at least gcc4.6

Anyway here's a quick (and ugly) fix:

Look for the following code in gfx_opengl.cpp

Code:
GLfloat vertices[3*shadowSector->getNumVertices()];

GLfloat vert[3*face->_numVertices];

GLfloat normal[3*face->_numVertices];

GLfloat tex[2*face->_numVertices];

Replace it by:

Code:
GLfloat vertices[1000];

GLfloat vert[1000];

GLfloat normal[1000];

GLfloat tex[1000];

Looking at a few previous posts in the ResdiualVM forums does seem to have been some duplicated work regarding opengles port, but a general consensus that for GrimE at least Opengles 2.0 is needed.

I have tried to get your alterations working, mostly to try out Myst III, but has gone a little beyond my knowledge.. any help from anyone would be appreciated.... of course I do have to note that Myst III is classed as only "25%" playable.

It would be interesting to see how it handles on the Pandora, which I would imagine would run quite well.. it would still be more of a "demo" than a fully playable game at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be grateful if someone could test the latest build for me.. 

it's only really bug fixes for GF and EMI. 

The Demo of GF now seems to work properly.. before it seemed to have problems with animations.

Although more work has been put into EMI... it is still unstable and not really playable..

residualvm-op.pnd

Attachments

• residualvm-op.pnd
    5.3 MB · Views: 131
"Sorry, you do not have permission to view this attachment"

What the what?

I don't appear to have permission to view it either.. and it's my attachment...  lol

Did anyone figure out who exactly has access to this PND? ;) I'm happy to give it a test if I can get my grubby spawgs on it!

I'll have to get it after work, my network won';t allow me to access it from here! (thanks for posting anyway)

Looks like I have to sign up for an account to download - not a chance, I've signed up to way too many services to add yet another one.

D.

Can't say I'm a fan of signing up for these things wither, is there anyway it can be uploaded somewhere where you can download it more easily without registering?

4uL7xJH.png

Click the residualvm-op.pnd link next to Download: to download the file without needing to register.

-what Strigoi said-

you don't need to register to download..

but I admit.they don't make it that obvious.. mostly because they are trying to trick you to register.

Downloaded this new version, has ever been a change with the save game format again? I was able to load my old save into this new version, but I wanted to check see whether the previous version played faster, but it crashes when I try to load a new saver into the previous version

I think the save format has changed again.

Why would you want to load a (new version)-save into an (old version)ResidualVM?

or am I misunderstanding you?

I've never played much of Grim Fandango before, but the last time I tried ì seemed to run very smoothly on my new 1gig machine. This time I got down to the initial meeting with Glottis and the animation got quite jerky, so I wanted to go back to the last version and see was it the same at that point, but saved over my original save by mistake. That's why I was trying to load an new save into the previous version (hope that makes sense?}

I overclocked my Pandora to 1000MHz got to that initial scene with Glottis. seems to run at about the same fps for me as it did before.  But I wouldn't say it was ever "extremely smooth" just "smooth enough" as it's just using software rendering.

But however the current saves in ResidualVM seem forward compatible but not backwards compatible. 

I'll make a note of that in the repo when I upload it.

Well I uploaded a newer build of ResidualVM yesterday.

Mostly bug fixes but the one useful feature is that ResidualVM now verifies game data before it is run for the first time. Very handy.

Now Monkey Island 4 is still in development and will be a long while before it is 100% completable/playable.

Currently It seems to have a bit of a Heisenbug (a bug that vanishes when you try to debug it).  Running it normally usually results in it crashing (at least my version of MI4).

You can get it to run if you use gdb.  Here is the video of it running:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QH9yRUYxtOk?feature=oembed

Doing this you can play the game for a bit and apparently it is possible to nearly complete Act 1.

Downloaded the latest update last night, never actually played Monkey Island 4, would be great for the entire series to be playable on the Pandora someday! Grim Fandango is fantastic though :)

Back