Pokemon Gp

Sonic-NKT

Hi,
i started my Pokemon Game with Gigas.. until now i can only make the maps and Players etc since gigas doesnt support roundbased maps yet.. and yes i have to use gigas cause i cant code :(
anyway i made the first town of Pokemon Blue/red (this will be a remake of Blue or Red with Improved Graphics from GBA Pokemon games and also some old tiles with colors etc)
ok here are the screenshots:
00000001.png
00000002.png

00000003.png
00000004.png

this is the original map on the gb:
map.png

and the title screen ( WIP) :
titlescreen.png

if anyone is intrested or wants to help just tell me :)

it was a lot of work... :( on this i worked almost the whole day ;)
i want to make the maps, npcs etc and all this until the second city.. (if until then there is a new gigas out i will concentrate on make this game to a real pokemon game ;) , if its not out i will pause or work on with the maps..) since i allready converted or made many tiles work egts easier and faster. so we will see

I'll help, although I'm not sure how I can. I want to work on other stuff, but they're a little more time consuming. Just PM me.

Mind if I ask a question? Isnt Gigas's battle system a Secret of Mana type? Or is there some way to select a different type? Ive been waiting for a windows editor to start using it so Im not sure of its options. How can you have a pokemon battle like in the original? are you going to have the pokemon as a second character and make the main character have high defense and no offense?

Edit: Looks great by the way

yes im waiting for turnbased battle system and then.. let see :) we dont know yet whats possible with the engine when this part is done.. perhaps i have to do it like you said (thought about exact the same idea) or perhaps even pirotec will help me if he has time i dont know, perhaps he sees this soon and will reply :)

tried to start to make the signs work.. hehe but how? :) dont know what to do..
can someone help me.
btw.. the first city with every house, indoor and the Route to the next city is almost finished.... :)

Wouldn't you just make a hotspot in front of the door that responds to the action button, then displays a message?

Keep it up,
Im stuck on the same problem as you, i cant make a hotspot display a message without having to make it part of a very small cutscene, btw where did you get the pokemon tileset, i cant find one any where....

if you want to remake pkmn red/blue i hope you'r using the sprites from pkmn firered and leafgreen for the gba (remakes from red/bue)

and i dont think it will be ever possible to really catch pokemon and stuff... and include a system like bill's pc, a pkmn center etc. i think gigas is more designed for sword of mana style games and so on....

the tiles i got form several places.. some where just made out of screenshots..
if you want some i can look if i find this pages again.
Yes i use some of the Fire Red/leef green tiles.. but not that many... most of them are in ruby also

yes, perhaps this will never realyl playable as real pokemon game, but if gigas gets better and perhaps also a script language or something perhaps its possible in the future, i hope so

well i suggest using more sprites from firered/leafgreen because thats exactly the game you want to do - just on gba :)
if you havent done that yet, get the roms, they are of better use than screenshots ;)

Back