Pokemon Gp

wolfie, im shocked, suggesting the use of illiegal roms :p
just kidding, that probably is the best way to go

keep up the good work soniknkt btw; u could add a couple of extra animals , named after certain board members, you could even rename team rocket into team jonopike*

and u could rename the poke marts into GBAX.com or GP32z

*that git who said the gp was rubbish

EDIT: ooh 333 posts :D

hmm yes but fire red isnt exact the original, so i dont use every texture, also that would be to easy and boring ;)
but i use the characters of FR/LF...
and this is also what im working on.. try to get the players npcs etc in the game.. but walking looks a bit strange, perhaps its because in pokemon Blue you work 1 Field to the next field and not smooth like in Zelda (or here gigas)
also i dont need 6 frames for walk animation, but i dont think this is a problem, just a bit more copying :)

since not much is possible with the current gigas i just can make the maps... and there isnt really something where someone can help, me... it would be better if we all work on the community project..
i think it takes some time with this game until i work on more than graphic things

Sonic-NKT posted on Oct 27 2004 at 10:07 AM said:
the tiles i got form several places.. some where just made out of screenshots..
if you want some i can look if i find this pages again.
Yes i use some of the Fire Red/leef green tiles.. but not that many... most of them are in ruby also

yes, perhaps this will never realyl playable as real pokemon game, but if gigas gets better and perhaps also a script language or something perhaps its possible in the future, i hope so

*coughs*

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe in the end i didnt used any of yours... since the were in jpg and i was to lazy to convert them ;)
but i used 4 or 5 tiles of the DEMO Gigas games, so if those were made by you thank if have to thank you :)

lmao

i didnt realise i sent u the jpg version that was just the version i had to hand, but its got the animated water and customizeable buildings so if u still want it

Looking really nice, but I gotta ask, what are you adding to the Pokemon concept? If you're making an exact clone of Pokemon, it's kind of pointless when it can be emulated by the GP32 already (I'm assuming). I know it's not full colour, but colour doesn't seem worth building the game from scratch for. Also as it stands Gigas isn't ready to clone such a game unless you do some hacking yourself... I'm thinking things like keeping multiple Pokemon and storing them in computers, the whole turn based engine, etc.

Still, keep at it because the Gigas needs some show-off projects, and I'm sure the turn-based stuff will come in soon... you just might want to add some new features/maps since you have the chance!

Still, keep at it because the Gigas needs some show-off projects

The gigas group will be making a game soon(hopefully :D ). we are going to put something together sooo phenominal that you will be blown away. oh yeah! :lol:
wish I could see those screenshots though. I'm sure it looks awesome. :)

can you make multiple choice dialogues in cutscenes with gigas? that would fix the fighting prblem...
too lazy to explain this now... if its possible, ask me and i'll explain it :)

you could do every battle as a cutscene, the options as answers in a multiple choice dialogue... understand what i mean?
maybe we should just meet up in #gp32 right now, what do you think?

Yeah I gotchya. can't go to anyother site other then this one gmail and yahoo. It SUCKS!! :angry:

Nope. I SUCK. but what can I do. when it come to parents ya kind of get limited. :lol:

Oh and I'm homeschooled to So this is pretty much My social group. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

older than me :)
i'm born at the 20th december 1989
go to mozilla.org and get it... it has an irc client...

Back