Rpg Recommendations

FF4 was my favourite snes rpg.
I also liked:
Phantasy Star 4, but not the others
FF5
and also FF6 a bit.
when you say rpg's please state whether they are action rpgs, or regular rpgs.
There is a way of compacting psx roms, by removing the videos etc, so you can make them really small, eg. ridge racer 8mb

Just wanted to say that Soleil is quality and had not seen, heard or played for before. Perfect for when you have Phantasy Star 4 blues. (I need to level up massively) :rolleyes:

It is strange ho nobody seems to have heard of Soleil (Crusader of Centy) before, as it is a decent RPG and you would have thought that word would have travelled about it.
I don't know anybody who has the original cartridge.

Hiya,

What about a zelda style game? (not a full blown rpg i suppose is what i mean)

Love the zelda series finished them all just wondering if anything out there similar I can stick on my gp32??

Simon

What? There's a psx emu for the gp32? I heard of it but thought it was a fake, or video or something but the real thing.

Oh and you couldn't run alundra as the file sizeis 279mb. How big is rigde racer to be put onto an smc.

bloody hell that was fast goity

There was quite a lot of (nice) animation in Alundra, get rid of that, and maybe it would fit.

Pity nobody has made a PSF player for GP32... (Just a random thought...)

There was a video, but that was fake, an april fools. Some... chan guy I think it was, got Ridge Racer to run at 0.5fps, IIRC... Ridge Racer was 15 megs.

For Zelda style, gobie, try the Terranigma on SNES, or Tenchi Souzou, in japanese... Very good game with very dark storyline...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anychance i could get a link to that translated shining force (gamegear). (just the patch, not the whole rom). :ph34r:
Plz! :)
http://www.emucamp.com/frames.html?/trans/gamegear.shtml
On Hold : /
EDIT: Although I know that if you search there is a Translation avliable for that DragonBall Z RPG on the SNES.
Whoops... my ROM accidentally said "1", so I assumed it was the first one. :ph34r:

Right... I guess I have #2 and #3 then. ;)

And gobie73: try Soleil for the Genesis

Thanks for this topic man! I just started playing Soleil ... it fucking rocks! :lol:

It is strange ho nobody seems to have heard of Soleil (Crusader of Centy) before, as it is a decent RPG and you would have thought that word would have travelled about it.
I don't know anybody who has the original cartridge.

Now you do - I still have the original cart. :) Used to play it on my Nomad quite a lot years ago.

IIRC it has one of those awful cardboard boxes Sega started using toward the end. I may be wrong. But yeah, it's called Crusader Of Centy here in the USA and it was one of my favorites. It's like Zelda for Genesis basically. Shame that Landstalker doesn't yet work, that is a fantastic action RPG as well (it's isometric tho).

I have about 40 Genesis games, complete with boxes and everything, in my store room. :) But I don't really use them anymore, it's much easier to play on an emulator these days.

Back