Release PNDManager

Delete libpndman appdata. The package data is saved separately by libpndman, and is shared between all (both) pieces of software that use it for package management backend (milkyhelper and pndmanager).

deleted even libpndman, but it keeps finding that game on the repo

B-Zar, I am not sure if you plan to release a new version anytime soon, but if you do, can you add some space between the icons and the title of the PND (and of the description). They almost touch each other - such a small change would make your interface look even nicer (and I already think it looks very nice). :)

Great work, B-Zar! Thank you so much!

One idea for a slight improvement:

PNDStore used to show up right in the main menu of XFCE, in section along with "Log Out", "Switch GUI" and "About Xfce".

Now that PNDManager can fully replace PNDStore, I suggest letting it appear at this place, instead of PNDStore.

It's nice to have it accessible at such a central position.

Daniel
This is exactly what I need!

Just wanted to express my gratitude for having the pleasure of using pndmanager. It is just the next big thing after sliced bread regarding the Pandora - so thanks  alot B-ZaR and cloudef !!

As stainy and hmc vocalize: Time is ripe for PNDManager to be delivered as part of the OS distribution.
As far as I know this is more complicated than it might look as pndmanager uses a set of qt librarys that is newer than the one on the NAND

Maybe too much simple idea, but here it goes:

Include PNDManager.pnd inside NAND. Only 11.53MB with 151MB free.

Change Create Pandora SD Card script to move pnd inside apps folder, on first sd card format after creating folders.

Add to output message: "Run PNDManager to access software repository".

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess that would work - it's not the cleanes solution - but it gets around the problem of mismatched QT libs...

EDIT: and I agree - PNDManager REALLY needs to be on the Pandora from the get go! :)

Openbox and PNDmanager are easily of factory-install quality

Anything else that would fit?

My PNDManager stopped working properly. I can start it, update the list, browse the repo. But when I try to download or update a program the broken cycle starts to rotate but nothing happens.

Done so far: reboot, renaming appdata and restart.

Any ideas? 

Renaming (or deleting) appdata/libpndman directory could help.

Same here, seems to be an issue with the repo, as PNDStore also hangs.

Already contacted milkshake.

EDIT: And already fixed - that was fast :D

Back