Release PNDManager

Look for newer build by B-ZaR here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/7831-pndmanager/page-9#entry265150

We are working with B-ZaR to bring new pndmanager releases again.

There is sneak peek here: http://cloudef.eu/pnd/pndmanager.pnd

Post "/tmp/pndrun_pndmanager.out"

if there are some obvious problems (like missing local PNDs), but aside from that it's still just a test build.

The build contains:

neon optimized Qt 4.8.5

new libpndman (should fix pnd managment related bugs)

smaller sleep delay on download worker (allows higher download speed)

We plan to release bug fix / improvement release using the Qt 4.8.5 first.

After that the development probably moves to Qt 5

There is some work being done to make pndmanager easier to bundle up with .next as well.

We've also noticed some repo related problems with initial masterlist generation.

milkshake has been informed on this and hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried a few hours ago, New things to know about building all the stuff btw ?

-- Looking for BZ2_bzCompressInit in /usr/lib/libbz2.so - found
-- Could NOT find Jansson (missing: JANSSON_LIBRARIES JANSSON_INCLUDE_DIRS)
Building libpndman with milkyhelper
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
JANSSON_INCLUDE_DIR
used as include directory in directory /root/panorama/deps/pndman/src/lib

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

New things to know about building all the stuff btw ?

[ 11%] Building C object deps/pndman/CMakeFiles/pndman.dir/src/lib/handle.c.o
[ 12%] Building C object deps/pndman/CMakeFiles/pndman.dir/src/lib/json.c.o
/root/panorama/deps/pndman/src/lib/json.c:6:21: fatal error: jansson.h: No such file or directory
 #include <jansson.h>
                     ^
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [deps/pndman/CMakeFiles/pndman.dir/src/lib/json.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [deps/pndman/CMakeFiles/pndman.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
root@darkstar:~/panorama/target#

Yeah the Repo has issue.  PND can't sync.  I used my computer access Repo to download but it's slow.  Maybe mudlord is attacking the Repo   :D

Yeah the Repo has issue.  PND can't sync.  I used my computer access Repo to download but it's slow.  Maybe mudlord is attacking the Repo   :D
It's not the repo. It's the server. 

Use Pandoria, the mirror from Dredd, for faster downloads. 
Thanks!  Didn't know about Pandoria before.  But can't download Pandoria now that Repo is down so no help  ;)

Thanks!  Didn't know about Pandoria before.  But can't download Pandoria now that Repo is down so no help  ;)
I dont understand what you are saying. Pandoria is not a download, its a mirror server!

Yeah the Repo has issue. PND can't sync. I used my computer access Repo to download but it's slow. Maybe mudlord is attacking the Repo :D

Thanks! Didn't know about Pandoria before. But can't download Pandoria now that Repo is down so no help ;)
go check:
http://a2.pandoria.org/pnd/

it's a mirror of the repo. so if repo.openpandora.org is down, pandoria will probably still work, as it's on another server.
in our town called internetz, that's common practice.

ekianjo ninja'd me while i was typing!

Yeah the Repo has issue. PND can't sync. I used my computer access Repo to download but it's slow. Maybe mudlord is attacking the Repo :D

Thanks! Didn't know about Pandoria before. But can't download Pandoria now that Repo is down so no help ;)
go check:http://a2.pandoria.org/pnd/

it's a mirror of the repo. so if repo.openpandora.org is down, pandoria will probably still work, as it's on another server.

And i was answering from one hand while eating lunch :)

Shushi?   :D

Shushi?   :D
Close enough. Barasushi, a specialty from okayama city where i am right now.

It's most probably not the server, but the repo.

Creating the masterlist has become slower and slower over time, now it currently needs 3 minutes (nothing has changed on the server).

It also starts hundreds of php processes for some reason, which use 100% of the servers CPU.

I had to limit those on the repo in order to NOT make the server too slow for everyone else.

Milkshake has been informed, he'll probably cache the masterlist (instead of creating it each time), as that's an easy way to kill the repo with a simple script.

Which git server, programs and build order to compile plz ?
You currently need libjansson for new pndmanager to build.

We'll add some checking, if system libraries is not available, they will be build from git later.

It's repo issue like ED said, the server never caches the full masterlist.

So it generates it every time.

Also, I would like to not derail this thread.

Future development talk and issues go here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/7831-pndmanager/page-9#entry265150

New PNDManager 1.3.1.2 is available on the repo

Update includes

• A new Qt 4.8.5 build with NEON-optimizations, bringing a more fluid user experience
  • Higher download max speed (around 1.7MiB/s)
  • New libpndman with bzip repo list support and several bugfixes
  • Actually working sync failure notification (no more infinite animation when not connected to network!)
  • Noticeably faster delta syncs to repo
Cloudef asked me to mention that he ruined everything, but really a lot of this is his doing ;)

Next up will be porting to Qt5 and C++11!

Update includes

• A new Qt 4.8.5 build with NEON-optimizations, bringing a more fluid user experience
  • Actually working sync failure notification (no more infinite animation when not connected to network!)
Cloudef asked me to mention that he ruined everything, but really a lot of this is his doing ;)

Amazing work guys, many thanks. Great to see that speed boost in action.

When combined with the Repo this is better than the Android Play Store IMHO. Quite simply mind boggling we should have something this good when you look at the Pandora user base numbers. :)

Update includes

Amazing work guys, many thanks. Great to see that speed boost in action.

When combined with the Repo this is better than the Android Play Store IMHO. Quite simply mind boggling we should have something this good when you look at the Pandora user base numbers. :)
+1.  Just the dedications of the devs are just mind bogging.

Back