Release PNDManager

_wb_: I wasn't able to reproduce the duplicate comment bug. I there anything special you do when posting a comment that results in a double? Also I post the beta versions here first to catch any mistakes I may have missed in my own testing before plaguing the community with a broken build. Once I get enough feedback I move to release.

No idea, but it happened twice to me now. I think both times it was the first comment (not sure though).

B-Zar, I have experiencing problems recently with your app. The update mecanism seems to be broken ! When updating last time it took ages (maybe 10 mins) where it used to take only 20 seconds or so... and for the past few days I cannot even update at all anymore. Is it a server problem or linked to your app ?

Note i have no problem to download any software, only the update process seems to be extremely sluggish or broken. Am I the only one in this situation ?

you may need to delete the appdata folder or the appdata folder of the interface it uses... libmilky? or milkyhelper I cant remember.

milkshake: it's libpndman

ekianjo: sounds like it's having issues connecting to the repo, so I'd guess a server problem. There's been no changes to the update system.

ekianjo: It started working right after deleting appdata? Strange.

Linux-SWAT: Haven't gotten around to implementing queuing yet, so I guess you could say it is on purpose :p

ekianjo: It started working right after deleting appdata? Strange.

Yup!

By the way, I think __wb__ already contacted you for that, but it seems that PNDManager does not recognize that PCSX ReARMed latest version as an update. Apparently this is coming from PNDManager, not the package itself. Any clue what is going on ?

Haven't found time to look into it yet. I'm currently having too much fun with one of my other projects :p . I'll see if I can look into it this weekend.

"Space Rocks!" (and a related project "glhck"). Both are pandora related, but nothing to announce yet :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The new menu looks interesting, but breaks optical with the round edges of the usual onscreen elements imho. New bottom menu looks so Windows Metro edgy... XD

And I would stretch it over the entire height of the bottom area, at the moment it looks so small and leaves an empty black area underneeth. ^^

- I'd like an "about" to find out which version of pndmanager I'm using (I infer from the descriptions here: by the look, it's not the "new menu" one)

- with xfce, the bottom buttons are covered by the taskbar

- I once had an error message about some http query not working. The error message disappeared after some seconds and I could never see the whole message (was cut off on the right). So access to the error log would be helpful

- I have two pndmanagers, one on the card, one on the nand. I'd like to know which one I'm starting, but there seems to be no way to discern these (this is probably not a pndmanager problem. First remark here might be able to mitigate that.)

Thanks for the work!

Back