Please, Enough With The Mega Man Already!

Well respect to you for apologising etc. A lot of people might have edited their old posts or just remained silent.

Lately we've had a lot of bitching about emulators not being 100% working and other things, i think a lot of us should be grateful for the great emulators already on the GP32 and more. And to think 'f' day is still coming !!

usually I'm not one to complain... I do appreciate all the great emus and homebrews and being a big fan of Smash GP I do appreciate all the extra characters that people have made for that as well... I remember when I first got it there were only 3 or 4 characters! So having such a nice selection is definately cool by me.

The only thing I've ever really complained about on here was for the few things that took forever to get made BLU + compatible :p

I'm gonna look into making smash gp characters myself... but if I dont figure it out or don't get time to do it, consider this my official request: Someone do a Belmont from any Castlevania, please? or any of the Castlevania heroes... doesn't even have to be a belmont. Would be super sweet....

I'll look into doing a castlevania character once I get done with:
Link
Mr. Game and Watch
Falco
Nakoruru
:)
*AVOIDING THE PALETTE PROBLEMS WHEN MAKING CHARACTERS*
Making SmashGp characters isnt that hard one you know how to avoid that annoying palette problem.
Heres how I do it:
1.Get spritesheet for the character that you want to make.
2.Open 2 windows in ms paint
3.load the spritesheet in one window and a small new pic in the other window
4.copy the first frame that you want for your character into the new pic.
5. resize the image until there is no unecessary space around the character.
6.Fill in the backround with color 255 (Its a light blue, on the bottom row, fifth from the left side)
7.Save as 256 colour bitmap
(Be sure to name it with the first three letter repesenting yourr character because if you dont and someone else named the pics for their character the same as you did you'll have rpoblems with your character randomly turning into theirs.)
8.Repeat for all of the frames of animation that you need for your character.
As for using Charedit, you should be able to figure that out by reading the pdf...

If you have problems making a character or have move suggestions for whichever belmont i decide to do... PM me... :)

yumm now i can help you with sprites aswell steven gp32_console gp32_console
:Draws onion frog:

Now that we've got a new version of Smash GP are we ever going to see a complete pack of addon characters? It'd make adding the current characters easier for people just getting in on it.

dunno, but its really not difficult at all to just download character seperately off the gp32x file archive and put them on an smc yourself... :)
Even if someone did do a big pack with alot of characters, it wouldn't be too much use beacuse characters getupdated fairy often

Last edited by a moderator:
Back