Mega Man Legends 3 Canceled

@NightArck - I can't even fathom it out, to be honest. It should have been readily obvious that what they would ultimately do would cause enormous bad-will, which appears to be spreading beyond just Mega Man fans at this point. I can't help but wonder if the potential losses and reputation hits from this will outweigh the potential losses of the game itself, personally.

Speaking of Capcom Europe, you should read all of their Twits on it - there's some real anti-customer hilarity to be had, there. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the feeling capcom overplayed this time and ended up shooting itself in the leg, but maybe it's just me.

Anyway, megaman is an awesome francise, i hope this thing of theirs won't end up harming it or any other great francise they still have.

I get the feeling capcom overplayed this time and ended up shooting itself in the leg, but maybe it's just me.
Trust me, it isn't just you. (Just look at that Facebook page, as a quick example, since it's in my signature, which was just over 10,000 yesterday, and is now almost at 20,000.)

I can only hope that their investors become aware of the backlash (which at the time of writing, is still growing), in the hope that that might make a difference.

cmon people. legends had a good run, while i myself wouldve loved to see it on the 3ds, including the prototype, its rare that a succesfull video game franchise such as megaman can make as many sidestory video games that have very little gameplay in common as the main game. maybe its time to give it a rest. keep doing the original that works, or bring out new IPs all together

^ That's the problem. They've got precisely zero Mega Man games on the cards at all. There is concern among fans, which I absolutely agree with, that this may extend beyond just cancelling Legends 3. So, we all rally together for that reason, regardless of our views on the commercial decision about it.

I doubt Capcom will be treating Mega Man with any respect anymore, so I'll look forward to whatever Inafune comes up with at wherever he works next. Game companies don't give a hoot about online petitions or angry users, especially big devs like Capcom who can afford to piss off fans. So if Capcom wants to go that way, fine by me. They get no money from me.

Capcom.png

i lol'd

Gotta love Wikipedia. Anyone can state their opinion (however breifly).

@Prom; :lol:

For the record, I'm beginning to feel this way about Konami, too. When's the last time we got a good Castlevania? Order of Ecclesia, 2008. They're focusing on MGS and that's mostly it. They're next on the radar.

Ugh, yes. Konami was my favorite company, still is if you're looking over their entire release history. I'm disappointed about IGA's CV games seemingly being given the boot too, but at least you can say that the series has more or less run its course from a story-telling point of view (yeah I know, there was no "1999" game, but we all know what happened already). What really hurts is that they've seemingly abandoned the original canon of my favorite series, Suikoden, with lots of plot threads dangling. And if sales are any indication I doubt they'll bother continuing with more non-canon games either, although honestly I don't care (I couldn't make it through all of Tierkreis, the game was just not very good)

Yeah, it's depressing to see even great Japanese devs fall to the level of American economics. You'd think that the recession we've been in for heaven knows how long would be an indication of how bad America is at managing money. It's like getting painting lessons from someone who's blind; it doesn't really work.

Politics aside, I'm mostly upset that we might not have our favorites around for much longer if this continues. Gradius, Mega Man, Castlevania, Contra... they may all die off by the end of this or next gen. Why? Overfocusing on one demographic: (pre)teenage boys who want more blood, more cursing, more nudity in an effort to feel more adult or "cool". So we'll begin to see more and more "realistic" games that will look pretty but ultimately be a borefest.

Back