Anyone Else Have A Problem With Goemon?

bast525

I'm getting a weird problem with Smash GP when I add the Goemon character in there... when I start a game the sound will be all f'd up and after about 45 seconds the GP will reset. First I completely removed smash GP and all folders off my SMC, then replaced everything and it happened again. Tried it on my other SMC, same thing, so it's not a corrupt SMC. Tried downloading the game again, installing that to the SMC, same thing. Then it occured to me that it only started after adding Goemon the first time, so I went in and just removed the goemon.chr and folder, and the bug went away. Anyone else have this problem?

Sux for me because I'm actually a big fan of Goemon!!!

I originally based it off the Mario Character so it should work ok. But I've also been getting weird problems if I add more than three/four characters into the SmashGP folder. The graphics will be massively fuzzed and when loading a stage the image is all screwy.

Try just having Mario and Goemon aside from the others (Samus, Sonic etc) and see what happens.

I have the same problem with a normal BLU.

It's a problem due to Goemon character and when I remove it, no problem any longer.

I'll have to see what I did wrong and correct it. :unsure:

I know it works ok for me on my FLU, and others have said so. Can anyone help me? I havent really got a clue. It could be a wav file or the graphics inserted wrongly - thats all I can think of right now.

I dont think it has to do with how many character you have but I think that characters conflict sometimes. I have Mario, Luigi, samus, coolspot, trunks, contra, and my megaman character that im working on and it is totally fine. When i first put my megaman character in though it wouldnt work and kept trying to be a messed up looking sonic so i had to take sonic out or it wouldnt work. geomon messed up my sound and it may be a different problem that conflicting with another character but im sure its fixable.

A few more details if I missed any.

It doesn't seem to matter how many characters I have total in the Smash GP folder. It doesnt' seem to matter how many characters I have in the fight simultaneously (2, 3 or 4). It doesn't make any difference even, if I don't even pick Goemon as one of the characters invovled in the fight at all, or what map or game type I choose. Simply having the Goemon files in the the smash gp folder seems to be all it needs.

I'm thinking it must be sound related, because when you first start up a match, the sound is way messed up, and stays that way until about 45 seconds later the GP reboots. That's about all the details I can think of. Oh and mine is a BLU +.

Back