Pictures of a pandora

20pbpxu.png

I also want to see more Predator vision shots of Pandora, preferably in the jungle, but anywhere will do

I bought a 2.89 euro Universal Multi-Holder from Impuls at the Action the other day. And it holds the openPandora pretty well.

The holder has to be sideways, which means you need to glue the clamps to the holder (as gravity does not hold it in place anymore), just in case for such a heavy device (I did not glue it during my testdrive, it sat snugly with the holder, and I did some sharp turns).

Upsides:

• The suction to the window is superb.
  • The holder has two hinges, so you can move and turn it in every position possible. Also the clamps can move up and down (sideways, in this configuration) 2 cm
  • Stylus, earphone, volume knob, charger and mini usb are exposed. (and tv out, if you move the top clamp out of the way)

Downsides:

• The USB connector is not accessible (unless you close the screen, then you can connect through a hole in the clamp), so I can not connect the external GPS to use with navit.
  • Also, the screen is as big as the Mio Moov M405 navigation device, and uses as much real-estate (the window that gets obstructed) as the Mio. (well... +2 cm, which are not noticeable)

Using the openPandora touchscreen is easy, the machine stays in place, all keys are accessible, including the L1 and R1.

I need to tinker about how to set it up for a car-cam setup and record my trip, including the audio. I got an old USB2 Logitech camera for that... will see what I can do with it. The Pandora wil likely go in the gloves container.

Back