Gathering Pictures and Videos

Very cool :) I have a Youtube channel and was planning on putting up some videos when my Pandora arrives. Hoping it will be this week, but according to DHL, it doesn't look like it made it out of Germany in time for Easter. I doubt it will make the flight, clear customs and come to me by Friday :( Either way, I'll add them to the list once they are done.

Slightly edited version:

The Open-Pandora was developed from the beginning as the perfect Open-Source hardware device allowing every developer to easily release original & ported software with the least possible limitations.

The core team continue to work with a set of publicly available tools (which can be found at http://git.openpandora.org/).

We're working to release our supported toolchain to the public and in addition, all code using X, SDL or OpenGL ES should easily run on the unit.

If you have any questions regarding developing on the Pandora, you can visit the developers section at the Official Boards.

To distribute your games and applications to the end customer, We recommend the use of the community supported OpenAppStore - After a free registration, you can upload your programs and anyone can download them for free. There are NO bandwidth costs or annoying popups.

Of course, this is just a free option. If you have your own homepage and choose to only release it there, you can so without restriction.

To make it easy for the end user to run your programs, we've developed PXML and the PND file format. The user basically only has to copy a single file onto the card and the system discovers it automatically and shows it in the menu. If he removes the SD Card, it vanishes - until he inserts it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please ignore most of the other stuff on the homepage for now - as said, it's WIP and a lot will change there.
On the developer info page is still only a reference to the outdated apps.o.o

;)

It would be nice to be able to category videos under the actual program/emu it pertains to.

Hmm, that would mean: A LOT of categories... :eek:
How about the ability to link to that emulator in the appstore/repo?

Like I said I can always edit my tags down

EDIT: full tags are now showing up for me instead of the abbreviated ones "open pandora..." vs "open pandora running zelda OoT"

Thanks ED

To distribute your games and applications to the end customer, We recommend the use of the community supported OpenAppStore - After a free registration, you can upload your programs and anyone can download them for free. There are NO bandwidth costs or annoying popups.

There is an official OpenAppStore, and a community Repo where you can distribute your games and applications to the end user - OpenPandora provides registration, uploads, downloads and sale of games at no cost to developers or users - no popups, no adverts, and no bandwidth costs.

The Repo specification is also free, so you can make your own site fully compatible with Pandora-native clients, while hosting your own content.

Unified logins would be great.. So if the forum login worked then we wouldn't need another sign in ;)

Yes, trying to achieve that, I've got a plugin installed, but it doesn't seem to work.

Already sent a mail to the developer :)

Oh, and in case someone wants to help with other content on the site as well:

I'm happy to get any texts from you :)

Most of the stuff should be on the Wiki, but the main website should have some explanations to new users (both devs and normal users) as well as links to the most important pages on the wiki (like the user manual, etc.).

Can anything be used from these? (.ODGs available)

pandora-leaflet1.pngpandora-leaflet2.pngpandora-leaflet2.png

Regarding the text for homepage... you do actually mention this, but I think this is strong 'ease of use' point that should be emphasised:

D/l from the app store are simply copied to the SD and will appear on the Pandora desktop, if you remove the card it's gone.

A lot of people would find that a very good point, the fact it's so easy to get things running on it.

Some people might see words like 'computer and 'Linux' and assume that to get things running they'd need to be familiar with such, not realising how easily getting games running is.

Obviously watching some of Eds videos would demonstrate how easy it is, but I do think that point should be got across, for those who are used to consoles only and simple insertion of cartridge/DVD to start gaming, just so they know they needed be linux guru to get playing

ported software with the least possible limitations.
Negative words should be avoided.

That sounds ok for me: "allowing every developer to easily release original & ported software."

We should have a master reference for explanations like this one. I mean not having two or three slightly different version on the wiki, the repo, the website, etc.

If we declare .ie: edit the wiki primarily, then copy the modifications to the other sites:

-less work

-more coherent

-more serious

Might be worth emphasizing that OpenPandora gives you full control of your device - no jailbreaking, no (pre-installed) malware

To the sort of people who would consider buying a pandora, its a big advantage over big name phones with carrierIQ etc

The Pandora user's review thread may also be full of interesting thoughts.

ED On the new page The word 'resources' is mispelt.I think there's only one 'S' in the word.I know english aint your first language so just pointing it out. Videos uploaded.

Okay, some small update:

You can now use your Boards-Login on the site as well.

If you already created an account and want to have that removed, I can do so, but it's not neccessary :)

ED, would it be possible to have a "User Desktop Backgrounds" section in the gallery?

I ask this because this post by vadsamoht inspired it. :p

There are a lot of user-made desktop backgrounds (including the ones from the original firmware releases, which I still have on my Photobucket space, ever since they were removed from the firmware to make extra space :p ), and user-edited ones taken from other sources like websites and old game-discs and so on, and it'd be nice to have them all in one place for easy access by all users.

I don't understand how to upload backgrounds.

It says i have to create an album.

When i try to create, one, it said i have to select an album category, but there is no one to select.

Back