PGS Windows 10 gaming handheld - GPD WIN competitor

I still don't think the PGS will ever see the light.

Also Pyra is Mini-HDMI.

Edit: No it's Micro... Which I guess is Type D

Only thing I know that uses Mini is the Pi-Zero...

Last edited:
Didn't realize there was such a concise comparison already. I'll leave the spreadsheet I started, but I'm not sure it needs to exist. Feel free to add stuff to it if you desire.

@darkmaximus9

In case you haven't followed the project and this thread, here's a (rather detailled) summary:
https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/th...gpd-win-competitor.77205/page-18#post-1385349
and someone made a video:
https://www.pyra-handheld.com/board...gpd-win-competitor.77205/page-49#post-1388136

also the god win is 300 usd if I'm not mistaken
Nope, retail price for the GPD Win will be $499 according to GPD.
The lower price is only for backers which have no chance to see how the thing actually performs in the wild before buying.

well it could if it maybe would cost more but its cool at least
Well I doubt the people behind it could even manufacture such a device.

This video summarizes much of the concerns with the very shady kickstarter behind it.
---
EDIT: wrong video, not the one I watched before.

Well anyway, there are really concerning issues in the design, the capability of the current group to manufacture it and so on.

ok though i still think they should add the pgs also the god win is 300 usd if I'm not mistaken
The pgs is highly unlikely to be anything other than a scam and the win was $300 on indigogo and is only $330 if you pre-order then GPD has said it will go up to $500. We don't know for sure it they actually will cost that much after realise. The chart used to also have the $330 pre-order price next to the final price.

Guys, we know its a scam, we get it. The reason I made that spreadsheet was to compare the claims made with devices already on the table. How can we do that if we don't list the claimed stats? I'll add a "DO NOT BUY ITS A SCAM" tag if it makes you feel better.

ok so best option gpd win i have a gpd xd so ok
[doublepost=1471453856,1471453825][/doublepost]gpd xd is epic
[doublepost=1471453905][/doublepost]but pyra is cool too
[doublepost=1471453946][/doublepost]why did they put the neo?

Guys, we know its a scam, we get it. The reason I made that spreadsheet was to compare the claims made with devices already on the table. How can we do that if we don't list the claimed stats? I'll add a "DO NOT BUY ITS A SCAM" tag if it makes you feel better.
Fantasyland will always make the most optimized reality look bad.

ok so best option gpd win i have a gpd xd so ok
Yeah if a Windows Handheld is what you want, GPD is a known manufacturer and can get a product out the door. Early reports of battery life is a bit concerning EvilDragon claims he can only get 3 hours on the prototype he was given to show off at Gamescom and that isn't even the beefier processor.

ok il see
[doublepost=1471454183,1471454123][/doublepost]that pgs though is so 'beautiful' and 'perfect'
[doublepost=1471454275][/doublepost]have there ever been scams on kickstarter or indiegogo?

wow
[doublepost=1471454497,1471454394][/doublepost]so still nothing else then gpd win and pyra... i want more!!!!!

If Windows is a feature to you GPD Win is the best bet. To me as I said before the only advantage the Win has that can't be overcome by the upgradable CPU board are the 10% larger screen and indigogo price.

Edit: I did order a Win but wouldn't have at full price. I'll be happy to let people know how my attempts to get Linux on it go.

Back