Payback Progress Report

jrd

Still Fresh
Apex Designs have posted a report on the development of the GP2X version of Payback here. It includes lots of info on the technical aspects of the game, focussing on what's been added in the GP2X version. There are also some new screenshots from the latest build of the game:

gp2x_gameplay3.jpg
gp2x_gameplay4.jpg

Enjoy!

http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/Payback_fo...th_HDR_lighting :Get it Dug.

feedback from the playable demo has been used to improve the finished game.
Interesting read overall. I'm quite pleased they mention about taking notice of feedback from the playable demo, I just wonder what changes will have been made in relation to the feedback. :)

Maybe someone should digg/ slashdot this "first handheld game to support hdr" im sure that would attract many people :)

Can a mod add in the digg link into the first post so it appears on the front page. IT will give it more attention, and if it makes the front page of digg, then BAM.

Dugg

Just downloaded the demo, framerate is good and I like the effects, but the speaker voice is to low I think. (only me?) Defenetly worth 29,99 euro, will wait thou for swedish release.

subcon959 posted on Oct 29 2006 at 12:46 PM said:
I'm not keen on pre-ordering without knowing the release date.

Any ideas when we can expect it?
To my knowledge its already out.

Last edited by a moderator:
well gp2x.co.uk released the demo when they said the game was released and apex designs said that they made changes to the game based on feedback from the demo so I would think that craig meant that the full version was released for pre order when the demo came out.

It's funny how nowhere on gp2x.co.uk it says that the game is a preorder. Regardless, this may just be the first commercial killer app to grace the GP2X :)

- Alex

Well, I want it as a download (it just seems cool to be able to switch games without taking out the SD,.. and I'd still be willing to pay $30 for it, which would keep them from having to pay the cost of an SD card).

But I've noticed that when I play the demo, quit and try to play something else I get no audio.. has/will this be fixed (because that sort of takes the convenience out of having it on the SD with all of my other games.)

Back