Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure

• Don't want Payback on the Pandora

• What's payback ?

• Total voters

I will buy it. But it must have better (BETTER) graphic and (I know that this request doesn't have any sense in this thread...) I would like a different kind of camera, not only a flying one.

Edit: I never played Playback... However I saw a lot of videos...

I own it for the GP2X, if I'm playing a game on my GP2X it's probably payback. I'd pay for a Pandora version, even if it was only slightly enhanced. That said I'd like lots of goodies like 1st person view, more realism, map editor etc.

I don't have the GP2X version, but I'd buy it if it came out for the Pandora. I'm fascinated by the HDR and lightmap-prerendering crud, and would love to support such a game.

It looks great, would be a definite buy if had support for dual analog and maybe some better looking models.

giovanni said:
I will buy it. But it must have better (BETTER) graphic and (I know that this request doesn't have any sense in this thread...) I would like a different kind of camera, not only a flying one.

Edit: I never played Playback... However I saw a lot of videos...
I played the GP2X Demo and I was very impressed of the Graphics. Sadly, no other Game reached this Level of 3D Graphic onto the Handheld.
For a Pandora port I also would like to see a better way to "end" a city. Apex Design simply put a ugly Wall onto the outsides, this could be better covered with Houses or something that looks more "realistic".

Last edited by a moderator:
Games like Payback aren't normally my sort of thing, but I see from the Wikipedia entry that the game apparently has a deathmatch mode. If there were a Pandora port, and it had this, I might consider it. :p

Even though Payback is often called a GTA clone, there was certain elements that I liked about it more so than the early GTA games. Well worth the next version if there is ever going to be one. I honestly more curious in seeing what else they can do with that engine (updated version of it of course). Maybe a zombie/horor tittle.

I don't own a GP2X, so I would most likely buy a Pandora-version, as I really like the classic GTA. (Everything after GTA2 was boring, didn't try 4, maybe it's better.)
Reading through the history of Payback, I would expect some pretty nice improvements, but a straight port with an adopted controlscheme would be welcome, too.

EDIT: The way the question is asked in the poll, option a will get the most answers by far. "I would buy a straight port." vs "I would only buy a drastically improved version" would get better results.

Eniko said:
This may make me come off as mean but going by the videos on that site... why not just play GTA on an emulator? <_<
The controls are better and the graphics are, as well.

The one improvement I'd like to see on a Pandora version of Payback is being able to play user made levels. Everything else is pretty much optional. Of course, multiplayer could be very amazing. A more flexible camera (think GTA Chinatown Wars) might work well, too.

Maybe there should be a pretty straight port at first so that we get a quality game, quickly. If it is a success and the Pandora sells well, maybe there could be a Payback 2 later with improved gameplay, graphics and completely new content. B)

Klaus said:
EDIT: The way the question is asked in the poll, option a will get the most answers by far. "I would buy a straight port." vs "I would only buy a drastically improved version" would get better results.
A better question would be which would you rather pay for(this is implying that a better version would cost more).

Back