Paper Wars

Paper wars is like the first native game in 3D made for Pandora - it really shows how great the system is...and I hope it will inspire other game developers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Traylor and enjoy this incredible machine.

I really can't wait to try out PaperWars.

Yay! Nice to hear, you are up and running now ;) !

This game looks incredibly promising -.I am really looking forward to it...

(BTW. Don't get distracted too much when playing racing games... :lol: )

re-do island map
that's my favorite :)

Also the most understated item on the list ;)

Paper wars is like the first native game in 3D made for Pandora - it really shows how great the system is...and I hope it will inspire other game developers :)

In truth, it was first made for the Caanoo. It still runs on the Caanoo I think, however the 3D graphics chip has horrible z depth buffering, so planes that are close to each other clip through and flicker. That was probably the most frustrating thing about the platform. Also, when you have an I this deadly, AI calculations were slow ;)

Great news! :)  And it's impressive that the game was made for the Pandora without an actual Pandora in dev's hands. ^^
Crow always had one. He was kind enough to pump out builds for other OSs when needed. Really, his engine is VERY capable.

(BTW. Don't get distracted too much when playing racing games... :lol: )
I might get something done if I delete Wip3Out from my card.

In fact... Snowman was developed before Paper wars, whereas I don't know, whether it is the first native game in 3D made for Pandora. It doesn't use graphic acceleration, but it is 3D. :p (although I don't think, that just being 3D makes a game better than others. It is always the game idea, that matters).

However this game has a nice game idea and its colorful screenshots do inspire me to do more developing. I really have to finish more games to start fancy new onces. :D

well i could also state that audiorace was even released before PW ;-)

However this game has a nice game idea and its colorful screenshots do inspire me to do more developing. I really have to finish more games to start fancy new onces. :D
Get on it! And tell us about it!

geatings

I've  been wondering what happened to this project,  it has been years since the last build

and this game was really impressive!

Yeah, their website has gone offline and everything :( Even Crow Riot seems quiet these days.

It has enough potential to be released as mobile game on Android, iOS or whatever. They could made some good bucks with that, maybe this raises the motivation to finish the game?

Nice, but Paper Wars is still to good to be abandoned. But I know that stuff like this happens very often. I still sorrow that "Galactic Artifact" was abandoned and is not developed any furhter. Simple but addictive gamplay and also actualy  "to good to be abandoned".

I'm still waiting for traylorpark that he finishes it, because i have had high hopes in it and still have. but the truth is, that i havent heard from him for more than a year now - could be more could be less, but something around that - so i actually dont even know if he is still "working" on it or not. but i seriously doubt it.

my girlfriend also just asked me a few days ago if theres something going on. but short answer is plain and simple: no, it's dead.

i'm still very angry about that fact. and i dont really know what i'd do if traylorpark one day suddenly returns and surprises me that he wants to finish it. i still feel literally abused, because the work on paper wars was one reason he got his job in "the industry", and as soon as he got it, there was nothing from him anymore.

i could elaborate my personal feelings more here, but i think it's not really the right place. but believe me, i still have a hard time when i think about paper wars, and it's difficult to let it go. but i really should.

This sounds really painful. :/

I can understand why you feel abused and hope, that the project gets resurrected at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
i still feel literally abused, because the work on paper wars was one reason he got his job in "the industry", and as soon as he got it, there was nothing from him anymore.
Yeah, that's a bit shit really.
i still have a hard time when i think about paper wars, and it's difficult to let it go. but i really should.
Could you reuse the engine and get some new art assets in? or would you not consider that an option?

I'm still waiting for traylorpark that he finishes it, because i have had high hopes in it and still have. but the truth is, that i havent heard from him for more than a year now - could be more could be less, but something around that - so i actually dont even know if he is still "working" on it or not. but i seriously doubt it.

my girlfriend also just asked me a few days ago if theres something going on. but short answer is plain and simple: no, it's dead.

i'm still very angry about that fact. and i dont really know what i'd do if traylorpark one day suddenly returns and surprises me that he wants to finish it. i still feel literally abused, because the work on paper wars was one reason he got his job in "the industry", and as soon as he got it, there was nothing from him anymore.

i could elaborate my personal feelings more here, but i think it's not really the right place. but believe me, i still have a hard time when i think about paper wars, and it's difficult to let it go. but i really should.
Well, if you are the coder and he was the artist (not sure tbh) then you still could continue with the work I guess, If art is missing, there could be placeholders or so. I mean it's still better than the other way round (the coder is missing and the art is there).

Back