Paper Wars

For SFX, maybe you could try SunVox dynamic library. It allows you to play and control SunVox songs. But I'm not sure if there is an ARM specific version or you can just use the normal linux version of it. If it works then you can either synthesize some SFX within SunVox or you can load samples into it's sampler module. I didn't use the lib myself but it seems to be easy to implement.

Edit: There is ARM version of it in Android folder.
that lib looks cool, thanks. probably not for this project but for something else :)

Time ... is that time again?

It looks like a cheeky panda has finally arrived at Traylorpark's doorstep. After all these years of waiting wanting, and being painfully jealous of Crow's.

cheekypanda.jpg

And if I have a Pandora, that can only mean one thing ... Paperwars development must be under HEAVY development. Which it is!

Which must mean the "final" version is on the horizon ... and it does.

Time ... is that time again?

It looks like a cheeky panda has finally arrived at Traylorpark's doorstep. After all these years of waiting wanting, and being painfully jealous of Crow's.

cheekypanda.jpg

And if I have a Pandora, that can only mean one thing ... Paperwars development must be under HEAVY development. Which it is!

Which must mean the "final" version is on the horizon ... and it does.
Great news and very happy to see such progress unfolding !!! Congrats to crow_riot and Traylor!

Congrats on the new Pandy!...and count me among the many excited people who can't wait for this game.  I've been following this one for a while...salivating over the screenshots and any news at all.  It's always looked amazing and totally unique (to me at least).  I love the whole look (and idea) of it.   :)

Yes! so looking forward to this game :D

congrats on finally getting your pandora

Still think you guys should consider a (proper) Windows and Linux build, and trying for Steam Greenlight or something too ;)

First it has to be in a state i'm happy to release it - then we can talk about platforms :)

It is working on some platforms already (iOS, Mac, Windows, Pandora) ... so a Linux version isnt a problem at all. But as this is a pure freetime project (which i dont have much at the moment), I try to choose tasks I'm interested in; and thats more something like emscripten or googles native client ... :)

Pandora will be first ... maybe best ;)

With such a long hiatus, I feel like I should explain myself a bit. For sure, life happens for all of us. Other interests come and go, for example crow_riot's excellent work on apkenv, and my own work on other Panda stuff. The project kinda stalled when we were in the middle of re-hauling the UI.

I'm not very good at UI. It's very frustrating, especially when you obsess over every detail; is the design balanced enough, are the buttons readable, is it informative, does it get too much in the way. Suddenly I'm distracted by pretty thing and my task at hand, well, you all know how procrastination works.

I'll let you peek into my Wunderlist of things to do!

wunderlist.jpg

I don't like keeping secrets from you all, so this is a peak at the current new UI we are working with. Understand, it's actually playing at a relatively low res on my screen. And those pukey colors are NOT final. The fun part about this new menu is that everything is absurdly animated. That's kinda been the theme of many of the recent tweaks ... more animations.

uglyui.jpg

Speaking of, we finally solved the problem of how does the copter exactly "heal" units. Well, it shoots out a "healing box" on a parachute of course! The goal is to make the whole game just feel more bouncy and inviting.

healing%20box.jpg

It is kinda silly to talk about all these animations without showing anything being animated ... but we have to leave something as a surprise for when we eventually release this to you all.

I'm gonna take it upon myself to make sure we keep a stronger line of communication with you all as well and keep you updated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it sounds great, and I like the screenshots.

Keep up the good work!

Wonderful screenshots! And "Too blocky, more sausage" shall be my new leading design principle in all that I do :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back